Ascot Advisory Services

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Unless you are posting it as your first post as a premise to ask questions about a web site you are really shilling for.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
ricktoronto said:
Unless you are posting it as your first post as a premise to ask questions about a web site you are really shilling for.
He's not a shill, he sent me a PM asking more questions.

jstnorv05

Jun 13, 2005
Investing and Living in the DR

Since I see there is an interest in an advisory service for living in the DR I have just officially(DR officially, meaning that it is official because I decided to say it was) All my services are free.
Investing in the DR:
Don't invest in the DR unless you have lived here for an extended period of time and could just as easily flush the money down a toilet as use it to invest.
Opening a business in the DR:
Don't open a business in the DR unless you have lived here for an extended period of time and could just as easily flush the money down a toilet as use it to open and run the business.
Living in the DR:
Don't expect this country to be the same as your country of origin.
Make sure you are an open-minded and relaxed person.
Don't purchase any property here until you have lived here for an extended period of time and spoken to many different people regarding property ownership here.

If you do feel the need to pay for my services please donate them to some worthy charities that are trying to help make things better here.

kent121

Sep 8, 2005
Many apologies

I am sorry if I offended anyone with my post. I am thinking about moving to DR and since big part of my understanding & information about DR is from the Ascot Services, I wanted to know how much info from them I can realistically trust. Any one had any (business or personal) relationship with the firm? I'm saying anything good OR bad.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Question how many times and to what locations in the DR have you been, and by been, that is outside an all-inclusive resort?

If two or less, go down and spend some time on the north and south shore and see what you think. A week can be fun but you might find a month to be terrible. There is lots of time to seek advice if you are serious about going.

I bet you can get every bit of advice here, free, vs. paying dime one.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
kent121 said:
I am sorry if I offended anyone with my post. I am thinking about moving to DR and since big part of my understanding & information about DR is from the Ascot Services, I wanted to know how much info from them I can realistically trust. Any one had any (business or personal) relationship with the firm? I'm saying anything good OR bad.
It's difficult to offend anyone on this board. However, people on this board tend to give newbies a hard time.

The Dominican Republic has a different set of rules than the US/Canada/EU. This would apply to everything from buying property, to running a business, to everyday living. Although I am not familiar with Ascot, I would not rely on getting most of my information from them, unless you have money to burn. If you want some real information, read some of the old threads. After reading the threads, come back and ask some specific questions. You will get some good answers.

BTW, how many times have you been to the DR?

kent121

Sep 8, 2005
rellosk said:
It's difficult to offend anyone on this board. However, people on this board tend to give newbies a hard time.

BTW, how many times have you been to the DR?

Thank you for your kind words. For a minute there, I was embarassed.

Once. to Santo Domingo. I had a volunteer work with the local church/school, and it lasted 2 1/2 weeks. I loved the country. I dind'nt much liked the lack of materials (including blackouts) but I'm thinking I can get over it. If I change my perspective somewhat, that is. I have to confess that I didn't get to interact much with the locals as in LIVING situation. And I do not know if I will have another chance to be there shortly.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Time to go back, try a few places on your own and then worry about investment advisory services.

jstnorv05

Jun 13, 2005
You will be the biggest factor in how things turn out if you decide to move here

I was watching a show on PBS one night and someone was telling a story about two couples he had met when he was living in California. He was walking down the beach and ran into a couple that was thinking about moving to where he lived and asked for his advice. They lived in Chicago and were debating a move to California. He asked them what life was like for them in Chicago. They said the people were really mean and their neighbors were obnoxious and the people were generally unfriendly. He told them they would probably find the same thing in California. Soon after he ran into another couple who were also from Chicago and also considering moving to California. He asked them the same question. They responded that the people were great and they had so much fun there and it would be really hard to leave all of the really great friends they had made in Chicago. He told them that they would probably have the same experience in California. I think this story would hold true in many places but I think more so in the DR. You will bring with you the vast majority of what will make the DR fun or a bad experience. Just my opinion.

kent121 said:

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
past subsriber to ascot advisory

a
cuple of years ago i signed up to get their weekly newsletters on line-- no charge! it was informative, but nowhere near the extent of DR1. i found it to be a home and sounding board of liberalists and chat session for those that wanted to expound and run down any and all of my country, THE UNITED STATES. it was a hope line for non believers of a democratic system and chat board for those that think life owed them. Schodrer(sp.) exponded on the great aspects of life in panama and the DR. Saying that acouple could live very well for US$2,500.00 a mo. the banks will pay you 28%--yada yada yada.if i can give any credit to the man it would be to not put all your eggs in one basket.NO --it !! his great deal was if you and your wife have $250,000.00 bring $100,000.00 to the DR and live off the interest!! (leave the rest of your stash at home in a responsible bank.) i think he has taken a far more secluded approach to any business dealings and may be spending his time and peoples money with HIppo!! if you feel a need to have some investment in the DR-- suggest you read other posts from Robert,ESCOTT and others about their dealings.

kent121

Sep 8, 2005
Thank you, All of you!

I think I got what I wanted to find out..........and then some!

Thanks again for your kind responses, everyone.