Hotel in Punta Rucia

Cathie

Apr 9, 2002
Can anyone recommend a hotel in Punta Rucia? I'm not looking for luxury, but for something comfortable enough with pool /or very close to the beach.

I have been there before but haven't slept there, that's why I have no idea where to stay.

Thanks.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is no such thing as a luxury hotel in Punta Rucia

In fact there are only two places to stay up there.
One is now run by a Swiss lady and is just off the beach, on the right side as you get close to the beach. Cant miss it. Sign out front says ZIMMER (German for rooms)

The othere one is called Paradise and offers rooms with fans. Both provide breakfast. Rates are much less than $30 a night. It is about 40 meters closer to the beach. In either case, you are less than a minute from the water.

Unfortunately, telephone communication up that way is by fixed celular phones and they are really iffy.

Since someone in my family goes up there kinda regularly, I will be happy to have them make a reservation for you if you can PM me or e-mail me with arrival dates and so forth.

HB :D:D:D

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Hillbilly said:
In fact there are only two places to stay up there.
One is now run by a Swiss lady and is just off the beach, on the right side as you get close to the beach. Cant miss it. Sign out front says ZIMMER (German for rooms)

The othere one is called Paradise and offers rooms with fans. Both provide breakfast. Rates are much less than $30 a night. It is about 40 meters closer to the beach. In either case, you are less than a minute from the water.

Unfortunately, telephone communication up that way is by fixed celular phones and they are really iffy.

Since someone in my family goes up there kinda regularly, I will be happy to have them make a reservation for you if you can PM me or e-mail me with arrival dates and so forth.

HB :D:D:D

Hi Hillbilly,

The Paradise (the German fellow) is now over US$30 a night.. unless you bargain hard for US30 a night...