Samana internet

stretch

Aug 25, 2005
We are planning to move to DR within the next year, and we will definitely need a reliable internet connection. Our top choice of city is Samana. We are wondering if anyone can tell us:(1)How reliable the internet is there, and (2)How reliable the electricity is there (we would get an inverter). Thanks

Last edited:

Eddyx

Sep 9, 2005
Hi!

The Best internet connection in this province is Verizon Internet Flash. No other company will provide you a wire service like this company. About, electricity, in Las Terrenas is where the electric service is the best.

My regards

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
stretch said:
We are planning to move to DR within the next year, and we will definitely need a reliable internet connection. Our top choice of city is Samana. We are wondering if anyone can tell us:(1)How reliable the internet is there, and (2)How reliable the electricity is there (we would get an inverter). Thanks

Have extra batteries if in Samana so that you can stay on line even during extended blackouts and low power when there is electric service.

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Inverter

You must have an inverter.

When I have been there the electricity went out every night for 3-8 hours. Usually around 4:00 p.m.

And if you have no inverter, you can lose/ruin your equipment. That is what my local pals said.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Stretch, I live in El Seybo and was using dial-up till 2 weeks ago and finally was able to get Verizon Flash. I have a 3.6 inverter which operates everything for me for those daily and or nightly blackouts and I now enjoy continuous highspeed internet service.

Rick