Wedding in the DR

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
I need some information please. Friends of mine (Canadian) want to get married in the DR. They do not want to go with the package that the hotel has. They want to stay at the Riu Bachata. Is it possible for them to get a JP to marry them on the beach or something similar. Who would I contact to find this out?? Anyone info would be great. Thanks.

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Hi Everyone,

I really need help with this, can somebody tell me something, even if this is not possible. Thanks.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
stormer said:
Hi Everyone,

I really need help with this, can somebody tell me something, even if this is not possible. Thanks.

Of course this is possible, but you would need someone to make the contacts for you. There is paperwork to be filed, and the hotel usually has the channels to do so, making it simpler for those who do not have contacts in the DR.

Depending on the time of the year, those with the authority to marry you may have their time booked. Thus, if you want someone to marry you at the hotel, you need to book that time in advance.

If you are willing to just show up at the justice of peace's office, it would be simpler.

See http://dr1.com/travel/special/weddings.shtml