Problems with Orange phones starting with 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
If you have an orange phone starting with a 6 you may have problems getting calls from Verizon phones until Orange gets this fixed. I just spoke to the North Coast Rep about this and he said he has already reported this to Orange and there have been many complaints. Changing numbers will help the problem immediately. You can also wait till and if they fix this problem.

Escott

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Lucky mine is with an 8, bad luck Larry :)

I guess the good news is once they finally get their network upgrade finished they should have the best network in the country.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Escott said:
If you have an orange phone starting with a 6 you may have problems getting calls from Verizon phones until Orange gets this fixed. I just spoke to the North Coast Rep about this and he said he has already reported this to Orange and there have been many complaints. Changing numbers will help the problem immediately. You can also wait till and if they fix this problem.

I'm assuming you mean Orange phone number. Fortunately, mine, too, begins with 8 and Barbara's number starts with 9.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Robert said:
Lucky mine is with an 8, bad luck Larry :)

I guess the good news is once they finally get their network upgrade finished they should have the best network in the country.
I sincerely doubt that they will have the best network in the country. I know you would want to think this because you have Orange but HECK that was a big step up from Centenial for you! At least your phone doesn't beep every minute in the car when you lose service now and it beeps every 5 minutes! LOL

Escott

PS> Bad Luck Larry!!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
At least I have an explaination now as to why some people can't get through to me. If they don't fix the problem soon, I'll just have them change my number.

Larry

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Escott said:
I sincerely doubt that they will have the best network in the country. I know you would want to think this because you have Orange but HECK that was a big step up from Centenial for you! At least your phone doesn't beep every minute in the car when you lose service now and it beeps every 5 minutes! LOL

Escott

PS> Bad Luck Larry!!

I guess my network systems engineer buddy at Verizon needs to get a clue.
I also got the same info from a friend at Lucent, they supply Verizon with some of their wireless infrastructure here. But hey, what would they know, aren't you the expert?

Trust me, the Orange updates to the GSM network here are extensive.
They are investing US$50 million this year.

Three reasons I have Orange.

1) I can take my phone to Europe or Latin America and use pre-paid SIM's.
2) When I change phones I don't loose all my numbers, they're on the SIM.
3) The phone I liked was only available as a GSM model :)

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Robert said:
I guess my network systems engineer buddy at Verizon needs to get a clue.
I also got the same info from a friend at Lucent, they supply Verizon with some of their wireless infrastructure here. But hey, what would they know, aren't you the expert?

Trust me, the Orange updates to the GSM network here are extensive.
They are investing US$50 million this year.

Three reasons I have Orange.

1) I can take my phone to Europe or Latin America and use pre-paid SIM's.
2) When I change phones I don't loose all my numbers, they're on the SIM.
3) The phone I liked was only available as a GSM model :)

As per my experience, you can also take it to the US and use a pre-paid SIM.

Status
Not open for further replies.