Gas saving measures

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
Did I understand the ole pres right yesterday? Gas stations will be open during the week till 8pm, Saturdays till midday (?) and closed Sundays?
I think what the government is doing now, jacking the price of gas sky high is enough to limit the sale of gas. Let the marketplace control itself.
Hillbilly's comments the other day tell the tale, government making over 50 pesos off every gallon is amazing.

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
Curiously enough the price of oil has been dropping, and dropping significently, since Katrina.The hedgers are covering there positions ( which were adding to the high, unrealistic prices we have seen of late. Also, the U.S. is finally going into its stock pile instead of adding to it. Now if the D.R. would only try to use some of their collective brains and buy futures to limit the suffering that's all but fordained. And for gods sake stop taxing everything in sight. They have effectively shut down the tourist industrys expansion, global investors are starting to look else where and the free zones have lost 40-50% of their players, apparently. Oops! there goes a ton of revenues and jobs for the country. And that nonsense about curtailing drivers driving and or buying gas. Pleese! Drivers will simply fuel more often even if they don't need to.
Gosh, the list goes on and on. Now I'll admit to not being the sharpist knife in the drawer and it seems obvious to me that these policys are akin to shooting oneself in the foot and then entering a foot race. DUH!