Presidente Or Presidente Light, Which One You Prefer?

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
When I was in SD, at the beginning or the year, I tried, for the first time, a Presidente Light. Now I am hooked. I can not even see myself drinking another regular Presidente.

To me, it's smoothier and it does not leave that "after taste" like the regular Presidente.

Ok, sure, my friend Mayra told me that it's more of a "girlie" drink but I am still hooked.

How long have they been around?. I know that it has not been too long.

Does anybody feel like me, that they are better than the regular Presidentes?.

If you have not tried it, forget about the darn Brahma or whatever that new beer's name is, try a PRESIDENTE LIGHT!. Better yet, buy 2 and save one for me!!. LOL.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
I agree..

miguel said:
When I was in SD, at the beginning or the year, I tried, for the first time, a Presidente Light. Now I am hooked. I can not even see myself drinking another regular Presidente.

To me, it's smoothier and it does not leave that "after taste" like the regular Presidente.

Ok, sure, my friend Mayra told me that it's more of a "girlie" drink but I am still hooked.

If you have not tried it, forget about the darn Brahma or whatever that new beer's name is, try a PRESIDENTE LIGHT!. Better yet, buy 2 and save one for me!!. LOL.

By far the best light beer I tried. Anybody has a clue how much "lighter"? Some say it is the same as a regular with an ice cube in it...

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Siiiiiiiii!!!

DR Mpe said:
By far the best light beer I tried. Anybody has a clue how much "lighter"? Some say it is the same as a regular with an ice cube in it...
I feel the same way.

Good one, malapieza(badpiece). LOL. But I rather have a cold Light than a regular!. Try it with mondongo, white rice and avocado. Yummy shi*. LOL.

May 31, 2005
I had a Presidente light on my last trip in April. I was tricked into it. My cousin told me that it tasted the same. It didn't. When does a light beer taste the same as it's regular counterpart? I don't know where my head was... Either way, it tasted good. It was what the name says: a light beer. Presidente light. I personally prefer regular Presidente. If there is nothing else, then I would have a Presidente light. But only if the Bohemias are finished too. I wonder what the new beer tastes like. I guess I would have to taste them when I go next month.

snowqueen

Dec 15, 2004
Presiente Light, Si!

We have enjoyed Presidente for years, however we find it a little heavy for such a hot climate. We tried the light this year and really enjoyed it. We did have a hard time finding it in bars though, and was available only sporadically at the market.

megamania

Sep 10, 2005
Presedenti - Looking forward

miguel said:

Hey, looking forward to trying the well talked about beer, but i also have a question. Can you buy Carib in the D.R. I sort of got hooked on that in St.Maartens.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Indeed!

Dragonfly32837 said:
I had a Presidente light on my last trip in April. I was tricked into it. My cousin told me that it tasted the same. It didn't. When does a light beer taste the same as it's regular counterpart? I don't know where my head was... Either way, it tasted good. It was what the name says: a light beer. Presidente light. I personally prefer regular Presidente. If there is nothing else, then I would have a Presidente light. But only if the Bohemias are finished too. I wonder what the new beer tastes like. I guess I would have to taste them when I go next month.
Since I tasted Presidente Light, for me is the other way around, I would only drink a regular Presidente if they have no Presidente Light.

Don't get me wrong, either one is GREEEEEEAT. I rather have a Presidente light or a regular Presidente than that horrible, in my opinion, Bohemia beer that kept on "sending" me to the toilet seat every time I drank it!!!. LOL. Every single time I had a Bohemia, I had to get engaged to the toilet seat since that's where I was going to spend ALOT of my time, lol.