I think a VIP has moved into the neighbourhood

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There has to be some reason for the reduction in the power cuts in my neighbourhood. The surrounding areas seem to be getting the usual daily 4-6 hour cuts, while we are only getting them once every few days.

Not that I'm complaining - it adds another selling point to our house!

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Enjoy it while it lasts....and don't tell anybody!!!!

If people ask, tell them there is hardly any electricity in your neighbourhood, trust me it's better!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
what I get for tempting fate

I shouldn't have opened my mouth - the power just went, as far as I can tell it is the first time in several days. It makes a change from the last year or so when I can remember the only days without power cuts were very special occasions like Mothers Day, Good Friday and Christmas Day. And as I type this, the power has come back on. It lasted no more than 10 minutes.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Chirimoya said:
There has to be some reason for the reduction in the power cuts in my neighbourhood. The surrounding areas seem to be getting the usual daily 4-6 hour cuts, while we are only getting them once every few days.

Not that I'm complaining - it adds another selling point to our house!
Whoever the VIP is who moved into your neighbourhood, he must have moved out of Sosua, as the reverse is happening around here.