Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default sosua rental help / newbie

Hi there,

What a great site. Just joined today, but I was reading through for last few days. I found most answers in living message board, but I have few questions. I live in Florida, Tampa area as PR. My girlfriend is from Serbia, and since she is unable to get a US visa for now, we decided to meet in DR. We planned for her to stay there for about 6 months, starting in December. Now, I was never in DR, but Sosua looks like a decent area. Basically, I need a apartment in Sosua for a period of 6 months minimum. Also, what is a best way to fly to Sosua from US and Europe?
    Serbian citizens (my girlfriend) does not require any special visa, but what she needs to bring with her to prove her stay there? I will have more questions later, as they come, but will try to browse through forum and get some answers.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

b

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by borismmg
    Hi there,

What a great site. Just joined today, but I was reading through for last few days. I found most answers in living message board, but I have few questions. I live in Florida, Tampa area as PR. My girlfriend is from Serbia, and since she is unable to get a US visa for now, we decided to meet in DR. We planned for her to stay there for about 6 months, starting in December. Now, I was never in DR, but Sosua looks like a decent area. Basically, I need a apartment in Sosua for a period of 6 months minimum. Also, what is a best way to fly to Sosua from US and Europe?
    Serbian citizens (my girlfriend) does not require any special visa, but what she needs to bring with her to prove her stay there? I will have more questions later, as they come, but will try to browse through forum and get some answers.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

b
    Sosua is located only a few miles from Puerto Plata Airport (POP). It is serviced by flights from both the US and Europe.
    There are many apartment and condo rentals available in Sosua. December is the beginning of the "high" season. What kind of budget are you considering for rent? With that known, there will be more help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOWMAR
    Sosua is located only a few miles from Puerto Plata Airport (POP). It is serviced by flights from both the US and Europe.
    There are many apartment and condo rentals available in Sosua. December is the beginning of the "high" season. What kind of budget are you considering for rent? With that known, there will be more help.
    I was planning $600-$700 a month. I dont need a big place, but something close to the beach and with good security. Should I consider bringing a car from the US since we will be there 6 months or that is too complicated?
    thanks again

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by borismmg
    I was planning $600-$700 a month. I dont need a big place, but something close to the beach and with good security. Should I consider bringing a car from the US since we will be there 6 months or that is too complicated?
    thanks again
    You have just opened a flood gate of people that will want to seperate you from your money. You can live quite well in Sosua for much less than $600-$700. Don't even think of trying to import a car for 6 months.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

There seems to be a small group of people from the former Yugoslavia living in Sosua at this time. I believe bar in the Europa hotel is run by Serbs.

Post Thanks / Like

You have just opened a flood gate of people that will want to seperate you from your money. You can live quite well in Sosua for much less than $600-$700. Don't even think of trying to import a car for 6 months.
    Ok. Lets close the gate... What do you think that I should pay for a decent 1 bedroom apartment? I checked the flights from MIA and TPA and it seems that there is only one good one (non-stop) AA flight 979. Since I plan to "commute" at least twice a month does anyone knows of any other carrier or AA frequent flyer discount?
    Thanks for the car tip. I was just guessing. It looks like residency first, than imports. Well, i have a lot to learn.

thanks howmar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rellosk
    There seems to be a small group of people from the former Yugoslavia living in Sosua at this time. I believe bar in the Europa hotel is run by Serbs.
    Yes. I heard that too. Serbs everywhere From what I learned here, DR is very similar to Serbia in a way of life, government, poverty and wealth...difference is the weather. I have a friend that just moved to Juan Dolio for the same reasons as me, but I cant reach his 809 number for days. Sounds like Serbia, all over again
    thanks

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You can live quite well in Sosua for much less than $600-$700.
    Oh really? Care to share this information with the rest of us that live here?

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Escott
    That's his budget for rent, not for everything.
    I do understand that luxury condos rent for more, but this fellow could easily find a very nice place in his budget range, either in a hotel or a 1 bedroom condo.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Escott
    As I said, you have opened the flood gates to those who want to part you from your money. Especially watch out for middle-aged presbyopics who fail to wear their reading glasses when reading the posts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast