Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53
  1. #1
    Mr.Mark
    Guest

    Default Am I being scammed?

    I thought I could use some of you poster's insights and orientation on a problem that I anticipate is going to come my way.

    Okay, here's the thing: I ordered a pair of books through Amazon.com and they were shipped to my CPS address in Miami (http://www.cps-dom.com/main_en.php). Upon tracking for my package on their website I noticed that its already in its way to Santo Domingo after being received in Miami last Monday.

    I know that the dimensions for my package should be 12"x9"x4", but I saw on their website that they have it with the dimensions of 1x1x1. It doesn't state the measure unit of these dimensions, but I guess they're talking about feet.

    Can they do that? Can they "round up" -though that wouldn't be mathematically rounding up- the dimensions to 1 feet? I know I am right in that I'm not supposed to pay for volumetric weight, but I want to know if I'm legally right. Nowhere in the contract I signed say they will round up -though that wouldn't be mathematically rounding up- the dimensions of one package.

    Does anyone has anything to say?

  2. #2
    Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    4,796
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'd say wait until it arrives. They may have a mininum size and use feet. Not much you can do anyway.

  3. #3
    Mr.Mark
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ricktoronto
    I'd say wait until it arrives. They may have a mininum size and use feet. Not much you can do anyway.
    I was thinking I could sue them for not providing that information.

  4. #4
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,594
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mark
    I was thinking I could sue them for not providing that information.
    Over the shipping costs for a book? This lawsuit wouldn't fly in a US court so it certainly won't fly in a Dominican court.

  5. #5
    Mr.Mark
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HOWMAR
    Over the shipping costs for a book? This lawsuit wouldn't fly in a US court so it certainly won't fly in a Dominican court.
    Why not? Don't you think I'm in my right?

  6. #6
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,594
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mark
    Why not? Don't you think I'm in my right?
    It doesn't matter whether or not you are right. When I said this wouldn't fly in a US court, I meant who is going to pay filing fees (probably at least $25.00), costs of serving the complaint, transportation to and from courthouse, etc. In addition to the time and effort fo fill out the complaint (figuring you are going to do this in small claims court as no attorney would touch this small a case). If you want to invest a few hundred dollars in time, money and effort to recoup your loss which you aren't even sure will occur, God bless you. You don't go to court for principal. You go if it financially figures.

  7. #7
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    397
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HOWMAR
    It doesn't matter whether or not you are right. When I said this wouldn't fly in a US court, I meant who is going to pay filing fees (probably at least $25.00), costs of serving the complaint, transportation to and from courthouse, etc. In addition to the time and effort fo fill out the complaint (figuring you are going to do this in small claims court as no attorney would touch this small a case). If you want to invest a few hundred dollars in time, money and effort to recoup your loss which you aren't even sure will occur, God bless you. You don't go to court for principal. You go if it financially figures.
    let him file lawsuit against amazon and let him wait months and months in court proceedings and pay $$$ and get nowhere.

  8. #8
    DR1
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mark
    I was thinking I could sue them for not providing that information.
    Bwahhhhhh!!!!!!

    That's one of the funniest posts I have read.

  9. #9
    Silver
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    4,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mark
    Why not? Don't you think I'm in my right?
    No...

  10. #10
    I didn't last long...
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,136
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Oh Lord!

    It's funny that you can even "hint" about taking legal action because of a book package overchage!

    Once upon a time I bought a laptop from an EBay seller.

    He charged me $ 34.00 for shipping and handling.

    When the laptop arrived, I noticed that HE only paid $ 25.00 to have it shipped to me. Wow, he "stole" 9.00 from me.

    What did I do?. I sent him an email thanking him for the great laptop and, in a funny way, reminded him that he overcharged me on the S&H.

    What did he do?. He replied to my email saying that it was a flat rate that did not included the packing and the time that it took him to drive to the post office. I replied that it was "bullcrap" but that I was so happy with the laptop that it really did not mattered. I thanked him again.

    A few days later, I received an email from him selling me a laptop battery. The battery retail price was 89.99 and he was going to give it to for 20.00 just for not giving him hell about the S&H charge. Thank God that I did not "burned" that brigde. The battery is still working "dandy".

    So far I have bought 3 more laptops from him and countless of other computer "stuff" and not only is he not overcharging me, but he is selling me things even cheaper than what some people are bedding for his same items on EBay!!.

    Bootm line, yes, it's your right to sue them after you get your package but just be warned that that 10-25 dollars that you think that they will overcharge you, could turn to thousands in legal fees. Not including the time consumed and the headaches!!.

    Good luck!.

    Btw, I have bought alot of other things online and it's my opinion that THEY ALL overcharge!!.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •