Banana Republic

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
From today's news.

Limited radar services facilitate illegal flights
The lack of sufficient qualified personnel to look after the radar service in Las Americas, Punta Cana, Barahona, and Puerto Plata airports is causing difficulties for the effective control of flights. The case of the airplane that landed and was later burned near La Romana is an evidence of this deficiency. Diario Libre obtained a technical report that states that the lack of personnel causes the radar service to be active from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm, leaving the early morning hours without surveillance, making these hours vulnerable to the incursion of illegal flights. The Civil Aviation Department admits that the radar centers in Barahona, Punta Cana and Puerto Plata do not have early morning personnel on duty. However, Assistant Director Ivan Vasquez stated the service is offered from Las Americas airport at that time.
What does that tell you?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
And if they operate during the day, who's gonna bring them down, the Dominican Air Force? Besides having 100 generals, do they actually have any planes?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Conchman said:
And if they operate during the day, who's gonna bring them down, the Dominican Air Force? Besides having 100 generals, do they actually have any planes?

They have ground to air Elbonian catapults.

Apr 26, 2002
Fact: The last P-51 used by any air force was in the DR.
Fact: The last P-51 shot down was in the DR (by ground fire).
Fact: The DR Air Force currently has no functioning combat or pursuit aircraft of any kind.
Fact: I'm in the wrong business!

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
Fact: The last P-51 used by any air force was in the DR.
Fact: The last P-51 shot down was in the DR (by ground fire).
Fact: The DR Air Force currently has no functioning combat or pursuit aircraft of any kind.
Fact: I'm in the wrong business!

Fact: I saw the P-51 fly low over my school, and we heard the thundering crash as we ran out into the street. The pilot tried to eject, but he was too low, and died from crashing into a rooftop with his parachute displayed. A tiguere picked up the 50 cal machinegun, and made a run with it. He was caught several blocks up the street by a lone policeman. It was during an attempted coup, by Gen Rodriguez Echevarr?a, circa 1962.
Fact: my cousin, Gen. Ramiro Matos, then chief of the armed forces (Secretario de las FF.AA.), negotiated in the early 80s the entire fleet of P-51 to a Holywood studio.
Fact: I'm in the wrong business too! welcome to the club ;-)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Next Time You Land At San Juan Puerto Rico,You Can See The DR's "Airforce"!

They are painted to look like US Navy,And National Guard ;) ,but they can,and have,gotten here in about 20 minutes! I saw a group of 4 US Marine Corps f4 Phantoms do a "Low And Slow" over my house in Arroyo Hondo about 7 years ago,on their way to "Scare The $hit out of some unruly "Haitianos" in Puerto Principe.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Criss Colon said:
They are painted to look like US Navy,And National Guard ;) ,but they can,and have,gotten here in about 20 minutes! I saw a group of 4 US Marine Corps f4 Phantoms do a "Low And Slow" over my house in Arroyo Hondo about 7 years ago,on their way to "Scare The $hit out of some unruly "Haitianos" in Puerto Principe.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Not too long ago, my cousin who lives on the side of the road between Cabrera and Nagua, saw some lights coming from his oceanfront cow pastures. When he walked over carrying a shotgun to check for cattle rustlers, low and behold! it was a US Coast Guard helipcopter. The pilot (who spoke Spanish with Dominican accent) asked my cousin what was he doing there? He said it was his lind, and what were they doing there?. The pilot apologized, boarded with his crew, and flew off. By the way, my cousin is selling his land for dirt cheap (without the cattle of course), all of about 1,000 hectares. iF interested, just pm for details.

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
An oxymoron in its truest form!

Escott said:
You all should stop making light of my country! Even Generals have to make a living:)

Heh, heh, so true.
So now that there're no functioning planes and presumably no pilots, why is it still called the "Air Force"? How about changing the name to the "Dominican Air Heads?"

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Conchman said:

And if they would have planes then they would probably fly at low altitudes between 12 am and 6 am....