food prices

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
It is amazing that food prices go up almost immediately after the peso/dollar goes down,but when it is the other way around,prices never seem to change for many months!!!See article in todays DR1 info>>>>
It is just amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bob

El Belga

Feb 17, 2004
www.betranslated.com
A pack of thieves

jaguarbob said:
It is amazing that food prices go up almost immediately after the peso/dollar goes down,but when it is the other way around,prices never seem to change for many months!!!See article in todays DR1 info>>>>
It is just amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bob

Here is what I wrote to info@dr1.com, replying to the news I just received:

Regarding food prices increase, you wrote :
"...the increases, which began two weeks ago, are attributed to the increase in the foreign exchange rate and the high cost of petroleum on the international market."

How can one believe that an increase of less than 10% of the exchange rate can affect the prices of food when a decrease from 55 to 27 RD$ for 1 US$ almost not affected the price of living ????????? I perfectly remember one and half year ago, when all the supermarket owners raised the prices the very same day the exchange rate increased. When the exchange rate dropped to 27 to 1, I saw no real decrease in the price and now, because it is 30 to 1, they want to increase the prices one more time ? In Dominican Republic, these people are called "Ladronazos" !
I furthermore ignored that one needed so much gasoline to breed chickens...
The cost of transportation cannot cause a price to raise from 40% !!! "Ladronazos y medio" !

I remember Verizon raising their price because of the high exchange rate. Did they decreased their price when the exchange rate dropped ? Of course they did not ! This country is just a pack of thieves, a bunch of crooks !

Best regards

K. Supierz
"El Belga"

ElPuma

Jun 28, 2005
yes its amazing, but I think it is a people's fault also. Here the people just pays, usually they dont look around for the best price, so the sellers have no incentives to lower the prices.