Read Chiri's blog!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Anna is advising me to change the thread promoting my blog to one with a more descriptive title than its predecessor.

Let's see if it works!

Click here for today's update - a shameless attempt at getting more traffic.

All advice welcome.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The latest salvo from the frontline of home improvement. Will this become the internet's very slow answer to Changing Rooms?

See for yourself.

I've sent my pings, and set up a stats counter, so I eagerly await your visits.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
In the latest thrilling installment, I get all excited by door-handles. Or on second thoughts, maybe I should rephrase that... about door-handles.

Click here.

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
New addition - guestmap.
Please be my guest and stick a pin in it. It endeared itself to me when I found my flag there. I would have never expected it to make it onto a list of 'real' countries.

I've had the stats counter up for just over a week and have noted visits from the following countries. It only logs the last 100 page loads so I've probably missed some out. It would be good to see some of these visitors on the map now.

Aruba
Australia
Belgium
Canada
Denmark
Dominican Republic
Finland
France
Germany
Hong Kong
New Zealand
Pakistan
Puerto Rico
UK
USA

And while you're there, read the blog!

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Chirimoya said:
Anna is advising me to change the thread promoting my blog to one with a more descriptive title than its predecessor.

Let's see if it works!

Click here for today's update - a shameless attempt at getting more traffic.

All advice welcome.

Chiri,

the second fruit "pitahaya" is that a cactus pear, a fruit the grows on a cactus. That is what it looks like to me.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Pitahaya or Pitaya

It is a sort of cactus, but not a prickly pear. It is marketed in Europe as 'dragon fruit' and comes from SE Asia via Central America. The juice is heavenly.

According to one source on the web, it is related to epiphyllum. Whatever that means.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Yep, it's beautiful here...our city has about 1,000,000 people, so it's not too big and not too small. We're also only about an hour's drive from the mountains, and have a river running through our city. You need to come visit sometime. :classic: BTW, for me to visit AnnaC or someone in Toronto, it's generally pretty close to the same flying time as it is to go to the DR. The DR is also usually less costly!

Last edited: