Falta mucho

Status
Not open for further replies.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
While waiting for our sandwich the other day (for a while) my friend asked the waiter "falter mucho?" I then said falta mucho que? She answered time/wait. I said don't you need to refer to the wait or the time we have been waiting or how much more time? No-its understood was the answer.--It would seem to me that one would need a sentence before "falta mucho" as to what is the subject.
Clarify for me please as my Spanish falta mucho.

Thanks JOHN

Last edited:

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Johne

This is a perfect example of an idiom or fixed expression (see the thread I started today). Certain expressions in any language cannot be translated literally and you are trying to translate the expression word for word it seems.

Falta mucho y falta poco both are idioms that refer to time more or less respectively.

LDG.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I was reminded

Lesley D said:
This is a perfect example of an idiom or fixed expression (see the thread I started today). Certain expressions in any language cannot be translated literally and you are trying to translate the expression word for word it seems.

Falta mucho y falta poco both are idioms that refer to time more or less respectively.

LDG.

of my experience after reading your tread-and I suspected as much. Many thanks. JOHN

Status
Not open for further replies.