Republic Bank (formerly Mercantil)

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I absolutely CANNOT believe the EXCELLENT service that I just received from REPUBLIC BANK. :cross-eye

Here's the history: I have 13 accounts online with the bank which pay my employees, bills etc. Each has a ATM card attached to them and I am able to transfer $$$ to each card as needed.

There had NOT been a time when 2-3 days would go by when the site was unavailable, not working, not possible to transfer money etc. This would happen ESPECIALLY on weekends, paydays and holidays. :cry:

About 2 weeks ago, I had finally had it. ALL I DID was write one letter to the president with a copy to the Barbado's main office (I believe) and WITHIN HOURS, I WAS BOMBARDED WITH PHONE CALLS....... :cross-eye :cross-eye

SINCE then, I HAD NOT HAD ONE PROBLEM WITH ONLINE ACCESS, BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, I received a letter from the bank president today that states in part:

"Investigations on this problem revealed that our internet banking servers were down at the time that you were trying to access the system. More importantly though, there was a slip-up in procedure for management of the server when it went down.

The problems have been resolved and we hope that you will now be able to access the service without the problems that were previously experienced."

and the letter ENDED WITH: "It is terribly embarrassing for us as a bank to learn of complaints such as yours. Rest assured though that we continue to work on all of these issues as we continue to bring this bank up to full Republic Bank standards"

NEVER would I have expected ANY of the above to happen.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Great!
I use Republic Bank, and have always had good service from them ( so far..) ;)