I thougth Hippo was bad.......

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
Oh boy, how wrong can I be !!!

Just today, my FedEx delivery man told me that until the government reaches an agreement with all private couriers regarding this idiotic "taxing all deliveries", FedEx will suspend all outgoing services.

Supposedly the same is going on with other majore couriers, ie. UPS, DHL...

And the point is ???

For those who rely on FedEx/UPS to send time-sensitive documents, better double-check before handing out your packets, which might be stuck in customs for God knows how long.

From today's news: (though it doesn't mention the specifics I described above)

http://elcaribe.com.do/articulo_mul...d=4E262680899040DDB6D3C0E9E72E341E&Seccion=63

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I thought this applied only to the four companies recently caught avoiding taxes. They have until Friday to pay up, so until then their shippments are being delayed.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Copied from FedEx's local website today, haven't checked the other sites.

Debido a un asunto de sin resolver de ?ndole aduanero, todas las compa??as de transporte expreso se encuentran temporalmente incapacitadas para importar o exportar embarques en la Rep?blica Dominicana. El gobierno de los EE.UU. est? ayudando a resolver esta situaci?n y anticipamos una resoluci?n en breve.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There was editorial comment

in today's Diario Libre.

It asked about the same concerns that Formosano did as well an the huge amounts of money and medicines that are moved back and forth.

For example, some blood work is done in the states, but it depends on 24 hour delivery!!.

Notch another feather in the Idiocy Championship.

Just wait until there is an accident where one or both of the vehicles is carrying a few extra gallons of fuel!!

Ah, Formosano, I was hoping to hear your review of the opening of the symphonic season! Tell me wha=t you think of Aysha(?) the young violinist from Santiago...Is she for real?

HB :D:D:D

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I think customs is trying to have a last fling before the DR-Cafta greatly reduces their percentage of total contributions to the governments treasury and therefore their influence.

They've been doing random plundering since the PLD took power, claiming that almost all of their agents are on the take but wanting the business sector to pay for it.

Interesting that they would be more interested in shutting down and fining businesses than cleaning up their own operation, but I heard that in the DR no government office has ever had to account for what it does with money that comes in from fines.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Hillbilly said:
in today's Diario Libre.

It asked about the same concerns that Formosano did as well an the huge amounts of money and medicines that are moved back and forth.

For example, some blood work is done in the states, but it depends on 24 hour delivery!!.

Just wait until there is an accident where one or both of the vehicles is carrying a few extra gallons of fuel!!

Ah, Formosano, I was hoping to hear your review of the opening of the symphonic season! Tell me wha=t you think of Aysha(?) the young violinist from Santiago...Is she for real?

In some circles people think you shouldnt bitch or complain about anything. You know "it's better than Hippo" arguement, right?

This Government just plain sucks and I am ready for either them to be rational or to be replaced.

Escott

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm beginning to think that dictators are a good thing. They can't blame the previous administration for the mess and they are around long enough to take ALL the blame for what goes wrong. :laugh:

Ok don't jump all over me, my bones are weak. ;)

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I think this would be a good time for everyone to be on the lookout for imported consumer goods, especially technology and electrodomestics to go up in price by 30-50% around the island as a result of the current crackdown on couriers.

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
Busy busy !

Haven't got a chance for concert goign lately. Probably will next month.

Am leaving for Chicago for a week tomorrow. Was just about to take some documents to mail out in the US when my FedEx guy showed up today to say the embargo was lifted so the packages could go out.

What a farce !

See today's El Caribe article:

http://elcaribe.com.do/articulo_mul...d=9521CD42850F4080BA24935C14AF8396&Seccion=69

Hillbilly said:
in today's Diario Libre.