new , and saying hello..

Sep 19, 2005
hello , found the site looking for Visa information.The site is a mother load of info,and since I plan to make many more trips, a good place to hang my hat. Took my third trip in 3 years( two this year so far) sept 2-sept11. I have a good friend here in america who is from the DR and he goes back each summer. I went with him twice, and the second time met a super gal. And so i went back alone to see her in sept. I am planning another trip late Oct-early nov now. I took 150 picture on the june-july trip and over 200 on the sept trip...of course 75% are of the same subject! It was hot in sept!. 42 C is what the car temp read in Santiago 2 days in a row! I lucked out the girl I am seeing there lives across the street from my buddies mother in law! And she is always hanging at the MIL house!Me and my biddies love to hunt and they all have connections in the DR so I originally went for the hunting and hoped to see the nightlife( please for all the non hunters just let it go and I wont ask you to go with me!) Went to the back reaches of the country and saw kids that were seeing their first white guy ever I imagine. Jaws open and eyes fixed in disbelief and the tall skin headed white gringo! ha ha ha. So many thoughts on this country, and the things I saw and did..but they can wait for another post. I read a few posts so far.. I stayed real close to the airport and was on the "bombedbagdad " road several times! hahaha....just drive with one set of wheels on the sidewalk and your fine!..I love the rules of the road in the DR.. The bigger vehicle has right of way..unless you are crazy.ha ha ha. the worst is motorcycles with no lights at night! Got a No SEAT BELT ticket in Santiago and watched 200 drivers go by with no belt while i waited for my ticket. Took three days to get my license back and they had a cabinet full of NY drivers licenses!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha...fine was 100 peso!!

crazy observation...go out to eat, 5 people eat for 500-800 pesos easily...go grocery shopping and pay 4,000 pesos for one cart!!!!!! go figure!!! its that upsacle santiago grocery store I guess.... in my three trips I have slep in Sonto domingo, santiago, licey moca, la vega, Samana,la romana, Monti Cristi, Batero, and Costanza. The neat chalet in Batero on a 30,000 acre farm with the tarantulas was the most memorable for many reason..the spiders, the views , the house, and the Hurricane on june-july trip this year..only 20 minutes but man what a 20 minutes!!!!!!! talk to ya later...bob

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Welcome to DR1. It seems you got the hang of the DR fairly quickly.

I'm curious, what do you hunt in the DR. Are there any permits required or restrictions as to where you can hunt?

I am not a hunter and have no desire to hunt, but I am curious.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
laurapasinifan said:
Me and my biddies love to hunt and they all have connections in the DR so I originally went for the hunting and hoped to see the nightlife( please for all the non hunters just let it go and I wont ask you to go with me!)

Anna Coniglio said:
Unlike some men I have meet while in the DR that have told their wives that they are going moose hunting with the buddies. Yeah moose hunting.

I'm ready for another moose hunting, fishing, golfing, or whatever trip ahora!!!!

Sep 19, 2005
No I wouldnt stoop so low as to call finding women or meeting women "hunting"...who is hunting who in that case...maybe you are hunting each other!....we hunt mostly doves, pidgeons, wild pigs and guinnea hens. And with the new goverment . they are actually starting regulations, and will be coming up with seasons and limits....some of my friends are involved in that in the DR. some of my freinds are in the national guard in the DR. There is little hunting going on..only the select few who have gun permits and can buy ammo regularly, are probably doing it....the amount of game is tremendous, because there is no pressure on them...are far as the women go. Its not a hunt, its an adventure...at least it was....I wont be looking much any more hopefully..I found an unbelievable girl....doesnt ask for a thing but affection, and time...the women in the dr have so much to offer , their attitudes, looks, work ethics( not affraid of it) their acceptance of a mans wants and needs shows easly....like one night my buddies sister in law and her half brother went with me and my girl to dance.. we went to Illusions...a strip club!..I questioned my buddies in law...does Tavina know what kind of place this is , and is she ok with going here?....No problem she says... the place was loaded with couples and single non working girls looking for men themselves!!!!!!!!!!..it was soo accepted.. in america, few women would go with you into a strip club and less would go into a brothel !!!!!!!bob

Lionking

Jun 23, 2006
Are there brothels in DR? Is Brothel allowed and legal? If so What permits or documents required by the local authorities, If any?

Lionking

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Lionking said:
Are there brothels in DR? Is Brothel allowed and legal? If so What permits or documents required by the local authorities, If any?
Here is some information on the subject.

BTW, does anyone know what happened to laurapasinifan?