Best bartender(north coast)...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Ted from Rockys. Cool dude, great storyteller and a very helpful person in case you need to go anywhere and do anything. Even if you're just hanging out, you will have a great time hanging out and having a few drinks. He can let you in on the inside skinny on just about everything in Sosua. If you are ever lost, stranded, or need to be pointed in the right direction, go there.
And by the way, everyone seems to go on and on about their ribs(yes, they are the best-had 'em and loved 'em), but their garlic chicken is pretty good, too.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Berzin said:
Ted from Rockys. Cool dude, great storyteller and a very helpful person in case you need to go anywhere and do anything. Even if you're just hanging out, you will have a great time hanging out and having a few drinks. He can let you in on the inside skinny on just about everything in Sosua. If you are ever lost, stranded, or need to be pointed in the right direction, go there.
And by the way, everyone seems to go on and on about their ribs(yes, they are the best-had 'em and loved 'em), but their garlic chicken is pretty good, too.

I agree. Teddy is a good man.

Scandall

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You could not have timed this better.
It's going to be like Ted's birthday today.
As it happens, a bunch of us got together and got him an inverter system. and are planning on giving it to him at 8 PM tonight.
He's been living here for 11 years, and still doesn't have 24 hour power.
So we're surprising him tonight with a complete mini system.
After giving it to him, we'll show him this thread.
I'm sure he'll be thrilled.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
MrMike said:
Yep, I agree, Ted's a great guy, no one desrves an inverter more.

Happy Birthday Ted.
Unless Marco started talking like a Valley Girl, I don't think it's actually Ted's Birthday today.:)

purefolie

Apr 1, 2005
Voodoo Lounge!

For best bartender, I would go with Trent of the Voodoo Lounge, really good dude! He knows his job, he's fun and makes everyone feels like home in his bar. Also he gives you often free drinks or shooters (that's cool as Voodoo is quite expensive...)
I also agree Ted is a good bartender (I still remember when he entered so drunk in Brittania Pub on his payday and bought drinks to everyone sitting there!!! Ha!ha! just joking Ted :laugh: )

Last edited:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
hi y'all
It's me Ted (the bartender in Question??)
I'm using Mark's computor and can't change to my nickname(Amigoted)
I just wanted to thank everyone for the kind words!!
I try to do it right! I know I'm not always that good at it but, I get it right sometimes! It helps to like what I'm doing and to have great people to do it with!
Special thanx to Alan & Mary,Alfred & Rebecca, Simon & Nickie,Steve,and last but not leastMarco!! POWER ON!! DUDES!!
Thanx a million!!
Ted
PS The power is off right now and it's the last time I'll face the dark at home!!
Ted

pas

Jun 7, 2004
good to hear..

happy birthday ted..
hope you have a great day

see you in october

pascal

MaryS

Feb 13, 2003
Merry Christmas Ted!

Ted makes the best Amaretto Sours in Sosua. The first time I went he didn't know how, so we collaborated until we got it right. If anyone wants a special drink, Ted is the man.

Stay Cool,
Mary

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
purefolie said:
For best bartender, I would go with Trent of the Voodoo Lounge, really good dude! He knows his job, he's fun and makes everyone feels like home in his bar. Also he gives you often free drinks or shooters (that's cool as Voodoo is quite expensive...)
I also agree Ted is a good bartender (I still remember when he entered so drunk in Brittania Pub on his payday and bought drinks to everyone sitting there!!! Ha!ha! just joking Ted :laugh: )

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS ASSESSMENT

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Happy B-Day to Ted

Ted is a ******* great guy!!!

I was there twice two weeks ago. He is a cool and funny guy.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Oh Please!!!

All of you a swelling Teds head! Now he's going to want a tip too! ;)

BTW, happy belated b'day Ted, you're the best.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hlywud said:
I can't wait to see this years pictures, last years were great.
Just remember what hose little bumps say in braille, s*** here!
It's like Rellosk said, unless I started talking like a valley girl, when I said, "it's like Ted's birthday".
Now you know I ain't no valley girl.
Ted's birthday, that unforgettable day when he gets so drunk that most people just sit there in amazement at the amount of liquid going down his throat, without him passing out, topped off with the specially hired strippers, is on January 26th.
It was just a coincidence that the guys decided to buy him an inverter system on the day that someone started the "Best Bartender" thread.
Not to worry, Wud, we'll have pictures of his next birthday party.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
sunshine_79 said:
Gag me with a credit card and put me on layaway....

And while you're at it, gross me out the door ;)
I didn't know this was the route to your heart.
I think I can handle that, specially the second part.

amigoted

RD$35 and a Ham Sandwich!
Nov 12, 2003
Hi Again,
This time I'm posting on my own name!(a first I believe!)
Once again thanx for all the kind words!
It really isn't my birthday in september! Unlike some dominicans I know I only have one birthday a year(Thank God!) and it's on Jan. 28th(every year)
I don't know what inspired the friends mentioned in my previous post to help me out the way they did, but I sure can't thank them enough!!
To those who wished me a happy birthday at this time, Thanx a lot! You try comin' to rocky's on my real birthday and watch me make a fool out of myself!
Traditionally I like to drink one beer for each year I'm celebrating. unfortunately Presidente is too strong and I'm gettin' too old! I do give it my best shot though!
Buy the way I also know Trent and think he's a great guy!
Take care and I hope to see you soon!
Ted