Just in case you know nancy doyles

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The heartless sons of b!tches in Nigeria and other places are now using the Tsunami in their scams. Look at what I got today:

Dear,

I know you must be very surprised to be reading from me,considering the fact that you dont know the identity of the person writing you,but be rest assured that i am writing you with good intentions.

I got your e-mail contact adress through an internet directory search in bangkok thailand,while browsing the web,searching for a reliable,truthful and trustworthy person to help me out.In my sorrows i prayed,fasted and cried out to God to provide me with a helper,and i believe in you i will find all these qualities.

I am miss nancy doyles,21 years old daughter of mr and mrs patrick doyles.My parents and siblings all died last year in the deadly tsunami that ravaged our country indonesia.I am the only survivor in my family,all my brothers and sisters were killed in the tsunami.

Now i am an emotional wreck,alone,lonely and sad in this cruel and wicked world,with no one to turn to.

I am writing you in absolute confidence,primarily to seek your assistance to help me retrieve my only hope of survival:Some funds deposited in a security company here in bangkok thailand by my late father.

The fund was deposited by my father 2 years ago as a family valuable in a security company in bangkok thailand.He did not disclose the content of the box to the security company officials as money,for security reasons.

According to my late father,the fund was accrued from a business deal.The fund is:{$5million united states dollars}in cash,but was concealed in a big box for security reasons.As a matter of fact,the security company does not know the contents of the box as money.

I am currently with the certificate of deposit and other legal documents that will enable me retrieve the fund as the next of kin to my late father.In a bid to retrieve the fund,i travelled down to thailand and went to the company to claim the funds as the next of kin to my late father,but the security company manager is insisting that i must have the backing and assistance of a relation or business associate of my late father,because i am currently in thailand as a refugee .

Dear,please find it in your heart to help me retrieve this fund,you standing as a business associate of my late father,because right now i dont have any relation or my fathers business associate that can stand in for me.my mother and father dont have any living relation that can be of help to me.

For your assistance in helping me retrieve the fund,25% of the whole money will be for you,while 5% will be set aside for expenses that we may incure during the retrieval and transfer process.I also want you to make good investment research for me in your country,so that i can invest/base and complete my university education in your country with the fund.

As you show your willingness to help me,please forward to me your full name,adress,and contact phone/fax numbers.

Dear,please do this favour for me and the God almighty whom i serve will bless and reward you abundantly according to his riches in christs glory.This fund is my only hope of survival in this whole wide world.i need to retrieve this fund and start a new life in a new country with this money.

please,keep this transaction confidential for security reasons.

best regards and hoping to hear from you soonest.

miss nancy doyles

Reply to:nancydoyles@hotmail.com, __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

OF COURSE THIS IS A SCAM, LIKE ALL OF THESE LETTERS. WANNA BET SOME ONE IN THE DR BITES ON THIS/?

jJUST SO'S YOU KNOW, :p:p:p

hb :d:d:d

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Busted!!

Since 2004 the law it is possible to arrest them however. For as far as I know only the UK and Dutch police have made a bust and I dont know how the story ended but lets hope for the best. Here is a copy of the press release from the 4th of February 2004:

Dutch police have arrested 52 people suspected of defrauding gullible Internet users in one of the largest busts of the infamous "Nigerian e-mail" scam.
Also known as an "advance fee" or "419" scheme, the scammers sent spam e-mails asking for help in transferring a large sum of money out of a politically or economically troubled country, in exchange for a generous percentage.
A task force of 80 officers raided 23 apartments, seizing computers, fake passports and euro50,000 ($62,000) in cash. One suspect was injured attempting to escape by leaping from a third-floor apartment, he said.
The suspects worked from their homes and sent more than 1 million e-mails, at times clogging the servers of their Internet provider, Dutch-based cable company UPC. Police enlisted UPC's help to trace them, Meulenbroek said.

Six people, three from Nigeria and three from Benin, were convicted in a similar case in Amsterdam in May, receiving sentences of up to 4{ years. They had defrauded victims for several million dollars (euros), including a Swiss professor who lost US$482,000 after being promised 25 percent of a US$36 million sum.

Nigeria has recently stepped up its efforts to eradicate the scam, which taints its image abroad. The Central Bank of Nigeria denies any connection to the scammers, and Nigerian agencies have been placing warning advertisements in international newspapers for years.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I know they say that there is one born every minute, but I still find it astonishing that there are people who actually fall for this.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Do this!

There was a segment on Dateline NBC (I think) about such scams not long ago.

Just reply to her and tell her that her cause is good and that you will be forwarding her email to Dateline NBC so they can investigate her and that if she is "legit" that you would help her.

See how fast she will dissapear!!.

Sick MOTHER F'ERS!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hlywud said:
You need mailwasher Pro so you can bounce that shiot right back to where it came from, AnnaC and Trina uses it and will atest to how good it is.
I have a corp copy my friend, works wonders.

You're right wud I don't even see that stuff.

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
Hillbilly said:
The heartless sons of b!tches in Nigeria and other places are now using the Tsunami in their scams. Look at what I got today:

I get these from time to time and keep them in a folder titled 'scams'. One of the more impressive ones actually had photos of a chest full of $$.

I can't believe I let that one get away from me! :rolleyes: :laugh: ;)

Swede