Apartments in Puerto Plata

andrea22

Apr 15, 2005
Was wondering if someone could help me. I lived in Puerto Plata this past winter for a few months in Ensanche Luperon area and am coming back January til April 2006. Since I work in the Playa Dorada Complex I was hoping to get a place a bit closer to work this time. I didn't have a chance to look around for places last time I was there because I was so busy most of time time working. If anyone knows of anything that's half-decent and less than $350/month U.S., could you please let me know. I would really appreciate it!

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
andrea22 said:
Was wondering if someone could help me. I lived in Puerto Plata this past winter for a few months in Ensanche Luperon area and am coming back January til April 2006. Since I work in the Playa Dorada Complex I was hoping to get a place a bit closer to work this time. I didn't have a chance to look around for places last time I was there because I was so busy most of time time working. If anyone knows of anything that's half-decent and less than $350/month U.S., could you please let me know. I would really appreciate it!

In Atlantico, just across Plaza Turisol there are apartments for rent, furnished and quite nice.
This is about the closest you can get, and still be a part of Puerto Plata and not the countryside.
They always have a sign up, so if you know someone here in the city, they might want to take a ride there on your behalf.
Mind you, January is peak season, so you?d better be out in time if you plan to rent something furnished. If you book something, be prepared to pay a bookingdeposit.

yasmin

Jun 16, 2005
We lived in "urbanisaci?n Atlantica" but we moved to Ensanchez Luperon.
We had most of the time no water or light, and we did not have a car at that moment and from urbanisaci?n atlantica it's difficult to get public transport (you have to walk to the big street) or get a motoconcho early in the morning, or late at night.
We moved to Ensanchez Luper?n, everything (supermarket, malec?n,...) at walking distance, lots of motoconchos and the public bus who goes to playa dorada or to the center of POP.
I like Ensanchez Luperon a lot more than urb.Atl., if your only reason for moving would be the distance, it's maybe five minutes less by car. If you don't have a car, you read the transportproblem I wrote above one more time.

Yasmin

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
These apartments I referred to, are just by the main road in Atlantico. Lots of people like them who stay for some months here.

But I completely agree, you save absolutely nothing in time when it comes to transportation.

As for other things, always check when you rent, before you deside to rent, whatever might be important to you; if the water is connected to the electricity or not, back up light, neighbours etc etc etc.

andrea22

Apr 15, 2005
Thanks for your replies. I guess the place I lived at this past winter was quite good because we hardly ever had power outs and always had hot water. I might check the Atlantico apartments out anyway... but will probably just stay in Ensanchez Luperon again.