Sending money from england

Nicola_leo

Sep 22, 2005
recently me and my husband moved to england, however we're having problems sending money over to the dominican republic as western union is expensive, is there any cheaper options, like a bank account we could open both here and there, I've never seen a popular or BHD in england, anyone have a solution?!?!

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
Or you can do it from bank to bank with an international payment using "swift" talk to your local bank they should be able to provide you with additional information

Greetings

Johan

Adrian

Oct 22, 2003
If you want to do this regularly open a NationWide FlexAccount, then give the bank card to the person in the Dominican Republic. NationWide are the best because there are no bank charges for withdrawing money abroad. It is definitely the cheapest way of transferring money.

When you want to send them money just transfer the money from your bank account to the NationWide account, then they can withdraw it. If you have web access to to your bank account this can all be done on the web, though it takes 3 to 5 working days for the money to be transferred. If you trust them you can always leave some money in the account - you can monitor what is withdrawn and when on the web.

Adrian

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
Just open a bank account in England and send an atm card to the DR. No transfer fees, and the money is immediately available.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Elizabeth, that question was asked fifteen years ago!

But welcome anyway. I see that was your first post.