Beverage control system?

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
A few weeks ago I was at the Expo (Hotel Domincan Fiesta) of Hotels, Restaurants, Bars and all their suppliers etc. and I saw a company that sells a revolutionary system of checking and controlling beverages served from bottles! Anybody knows the name of that company of knows more about it?

Thanks for your info.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
I don't get it. What do you mean by checking and controling beverages in bottles? Why would they need to be checked or controled?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
There are a lot of measured pour systems in bars that have a device around the neck of a hard liquor bottle (or a ring on a cord that is used on more than one bottle) that measures the flow of product into the glasses to monitor overpouring or free drinks. Also ones that have the liquor in a locked room and pipes like with draft beer to a serving nozzle, same idea. Avoids pilferage and overserving to buddies.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dang, Rick

You know more about bars and bar equipment than about more basic and more necessary things like generators and service!!

HUMMMMMM, me thinks this betrays a warped childhood???? Or semi-adulthood?

Seems that you know your stuff, however.:p:p:p

HB :D:D

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
They have them in the Admiral's Clubs in the airports I use. A ring I guess with some optical flow sensor on a wire and the bartender slips this ring over the neck of the bottle in use. How it prevents her from just pouring out of another bottle and not using the ring beats me. However, I have seen some where each bottle has a sensor on it.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I know that some bars have measured how many shots should come out of a particular bottle and that's how they control it (i.e. a 750 ml bottle of Johhnie Walker black should give you these many shots, so the bartender better have that much money at the end of the day)

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
JDJones said:
You've obviously never owned a bar...LOL
How would you stop your help from giving away free drinks to their friends if they can free pour from a bar.
With a measured pouring system, you can even have it connected to your cash register, so if you pour a shot of Dewars black label for your friend, you won't get away with charging them for a shot of rotgut scotch. So, not only do they control the amount you pour, they control what you are pouring.
It also eliminates mistakes when it comes time to add up the bill.
You're right, never have. I'm sure there is still away around manipulating the pouring system. Someone always finds a way.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
jruane44 said:
You're right, never have. I'm sure there is still away around manipulating the pouring system. Someone always finds a way.
In this country, and usually in the US also, it is much more economical to have undercover patrons observe the actions at the bar or have video tape monitoring, than to install a pouring system that will cost from $50,000-$100,000 plus maintainence. Especially when you are serving cheap rum and bottled beer. How many bars in the US that aren't owned by large corporations with a pouring system?

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Thanks for your replies....but this system is not "touching" the liquid in the bottle and it measures perfectly!

It has some kind of device(wireless) around the neck of each bottle which does not bother the barkeeper or waitress. The results are amazingly acurate and "cheating" is a complete "no-go". Every pour is measured and the reports show everything and the manager can look at them via Internet!

I don't remember the name of the company, if anybody knows please let me know. Thanks.

PS. Robert, is it allowed to mention the name of the company and/or put phone-numbers here?

heliace

On Vacation!
Mar 27, 2004
Noooo!!!!

One of the things I really enjoy in the D.R. is the way most bars pour thier drinks. When ordering my Cuba libre, I always ask for and recieve a strong one.Half rum, squeeze in half a lemon and just enough coke for color ;).

If I see one of those damn measuring machines on the bottle of Brugal...Hasta la vista baby