Legal Drinking Age?

Bella-Bear

Sep 23, 2005
Sarcasme I hope? Or are there drunk 2 year olds running around drunk all the time?
I just want to know for my 'vacation' next year.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Bella-Bear said:
Sarcasme I hope? Or are there drunk 2 year olds running around drunk all the time?
I just want to know for my 'vacation' next year.

No it's not. Legally the age is either 16 or 18, but it is not enforced at all. I could literally send my 4 year old son to buy me some beer or whisky and they would sell it to him.

You don't see two year old drunk or hardly any teenager for that matter. The reason is that since you can buy any time you feel like it is not a big deal as it is in other countries. For instance, my 14-15 year old nephews go to the bars or parties and drink beer. They do so in moderation and not because they have to, but because it is just not a big deal to buy alcohol.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
suarezn said:
No it's not. Legally the age is either 16 or 18, but it is not enforced at all. I could literally send my 4 year old son to buy me some beer or whisky and they would sell it to him.

You don't see two year old drunk or hardly any teenager for that matter. The reason is that since you can buy any time you feel like it is not a big deal as it is in other countries. For instance, my 14-15 year old nephews go to the bars or parties and drink beer. They do so in moderation and not because they have to, but because it is just not a big deal to buy alcohol.

It's 18 but rarely enforced. If you're tall enough to put your money on the counter of the colmado they will usually sell to you. It has changed a little in the past few years and more places, especially clubs, are starting to enforce it.

Scandall

amigoted

RD$35 and a Ham Sandwich!
Nov 12, 2003
Hi
I'm a bartender in Sosua and I don't serve anyone under the legal age of 18(unless accompanied by a parent or gaurdian!!)
Ted

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
amigoted said:
Hi
I'm a bartender in Sosua and I don't serve anyone under the legal age of 18(unless accompanied by a parent or gaurdian!!)
Ted

Ted, as in Ted from Rocky's? you have served me 100's of times and never once asked for my ID. ;)