Old Fashion Homemade Hand Crank Ice Cream....YUM !!

Caribee

Mar 22, 2003
Could anyone please tell me where I may purchase a genuine White Mountain 6 quart Hand Crank Ice Cream Maker F-64306-X (by Rival)? Homemade ice cream seems to be a non existant item in this island culture as far as I can find out.

Thanks................Lloyd.................Rancho Dorado

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Caribee said:
Could anyone please tell me where I may purchase a genuine White Mountain 6 quart Hand Crank Ice Cream Maker F-64306-X (by Rival)? Homemade ice cream seems to be a non existant item in this island culture as far as I can find out.

Thanks................Lloyd.................Rancho Dorado

try ebay, antiques...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Found Your "White Mt. Ice Cream Maker" In 10 Seconds!

Why does everyone make searching the net seem like rocket science???
I used "Yahoo".I typed in "Hand Cranked Ice Cream Machine",then I hit the "search web" button.. "Your" ice cream maker was about # 3 on the list.
I bought a "dilongi" electric ice cream maker off the net about 6 months ago.It cost 30 dollarsYou put the base in the freezer overnight.It gets supercold.Add icecream "mix" and in about 10 or 15 minutes,you have "soft-serve" icecream.If you like it "HARD",and who doesn't??? put the soft mixture in the freezer for an hour or 2.I just dumped in a quart of "Rica" Cafe con Leche" milk the first time I tried it and is started out a little soupy,but hardened up in the freezer.It says it maake 2 qts.,buy it is more like a qt. and a half.No messing with rocksalt or ice though!I have 4 kids who love icecream,and now we can actually afford to have it!
cccccccccccccc

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Chris, I make ice cream here all the time. I use one carton of regular milk, one can of half and half, and one carton of Crema De Leche. Mix these three together. Add sugar until your taste test says good sweetness. Add vanilla...about 2 ounces. Mix well. You will have to play around with it to get it to a taste that is satisfactory to you. This is your base. You can store it in fridge. This will make a lot of ice cream. I then take a little base, maybe two cups, put it in mixer and let it harden to a soft serve. Then add whatever the flavor will be. Our favorite is Ron Pasa make with Baileys Irish Cream and Raisins. We have make Cherry, Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, Pineapple, Cantaloupe, Caramel/Nuts, and others. It makes a much better ice cream than you can get at Bon at a fraction of the cost. After you add the flavor....let the machine run until ice cream hardens.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
You don't need a machine to make ice cream although the machine makes it easier. You can get a large container that will fit in your freezer...stir the ingredients about once every twenty to thirty minutes then return to freezer. Keep doing this and you will eventually get to ice cream. Takes time to do this so you have to do it on a day when you are going to be around home for several hours. The reason you keep stirring is to prevent a separation of the water where it will harden into ice crystals before the ice cream is made. Coffee flavor is also a good one.

Caribee

Mar 22, 2003
NO....not Rocket Science....much more difficult !!

Criss Colon said:
Why does everyone make searching the net seem like rocket science???
I used "Yahoo".I typed in "Hand Cranked Ice Cream Machine",then I hit the "search web" button.. "Your" ice cream maker was about # 3 on the list.
I bought a "dilongi" electric ice cream maker off the net about 6 months ago.It cost 30 dollarsYou put the base in the freezer overnight.It gets supercold.Add icecream "mix" and in about 10 or 15 minutes,you have "soft-serve" icecream.If you like it "HARD",and who doesn't??? put the soft mixture in the freezer for an hour or 2.I just dumped in a quart of "Rica" Cafe con Leche" milk the first time I tried it and is started out a little soupy,but hardened up in the freezer.It says it maake 2 qts.,buy it is more like a qt. and a half.No messing with rocksalt or ice though!I have 4 kids who love icecream,and now we can actually afford to have it!
cccccccccccccc

I too found the machine I want in about 10 seconds...but an email from customer service at the Rival company informed me that ..."Sorry, they could not ship to DR.......sooooooo.......When you find something for sale on the Net.....Exactly how do you go about getting it shipped to a DR address ?
Other sites were similar in that they required US address, etc. with no provision for international shipment. Please forgive my lack of expertise. I've been living in DR for only 4 1/2 months....brought two ocean containers through the HELL known as Rio Haina.....own and run the 2,200 tarrea Rancho Dorado but dammed if I can figure this one out!! ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED........Rocket Scientist :classic:

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
EPS...Business Mail...Etc. But you will probably pay about 2000 pesos to receive the item here. Of course, you can have someone that is coming here bring one with them. You may find it in Santo Domingo but would probably be an adventure trying to track it down. I have seen ice cream makers here in Santiago...but I don't think they were of good quality.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Caribee said:
I too found the machine I want in about 10 seconds...but an email from customer service at the Rival company informed me that ..."Sorry, they could not ship to DR.......sooooooo.......When you find something for sale on the Net.....Exactly how do you go about getting it shipped to a DR address ?
Other sites were similar in that they required US address, etc. with no provision for international shipment. Please forgive my lack of expertise. I've been living in DR for only 4 1/2 months....brought two ocean containers through the HELL known as Rio Haina.....own and run the 2,200 tarrea Rancho Dorado but dammed if I can figure this one out!! ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED........Rocket Scientist :classic:
I usually have my stuff humped over in suitcases by myself or friends. Can't help other than that but invite me over for some ice cream when you get it:)

Good to see you post.

Escott

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Caribee said:
Exactly how do you go about getting it shipped to a DR address ?

Open up a EPS, CPS or Business Mail account here and they will give you a USA shipping address. You have the items shipped to that address and they on ship it to the DR.

I use EPS, it normally takes 4-5 days from arriving at the Miami office to me being abale to go pick up the item from EPS. This can all be tracked online which and EPS send you email alerts at each stage. Arrived - Shipped - Customs - Available for pick up. Plus they tell you the cost online.

http://www.eps-int.com

Caribee

Mar 22, 2003
Thanks to everyone for the response.....Especially...ROBERT !

Robert said:
Open up a EPS, CPS or Business Mail account here and they will give you a USA shipping address. You have the items shipped to that address and they on ship it to the DR.

I use EPS, it normally takes 4-5 days from arriving at the Miami office to me being abale to go pick up the item from EPS. This can all be tracked online which and EPS send you email alerts at each stage. Arrived - Shipped - Customs - Available for pick up. Plus they tell you the cost online.

http://www.eps-int.com
"
Robert, Thank you so much !! .......You have made my life in the DR much more bearable by solving some very important problems far beyond making homemade ice cream..........like 500 "Finca Privada - No Passe" signs to hopefully stop or slow down theft from Rancho Dorado....which in turn will probably save someone's life....Perhaps my own. For those of you who don't know.....life in the mountains overlooking Puerto Plata is very much like the old "Wild, wild west".....as seen in the movies......and I'm the new "Doc Holiday" in the territory. There is no law.....EXCEPT for those rich enough to pay 10,000 to 30,000 pesos for a couple of police to come from Mata Yama or Puerto Plata to arrest who ever you pay to have arrested.........and then they pay another 10,000 pesos or so to be released within 24 hours or so. Yes, my 38 S&W and 12 gauge 9 shot Mossberg are every day standard dress.....and so far I've personally hauled 3 Lathrones to jail for stealing 2 of my finest cows....which I got back before they were killed. Now, my neighbor is missing 5 of his cows.
I have circulated a petition requesting that I be granted a commission of "Capitano de Policia" for the villages of La Bahia and El Cupey and so far have over 500 signatures. If granted, I will build a new police station and hopefully bring some law and order for the many good people who now live in fear for their lives if they even accuse a theif for stealing their property.

Thanks again !..........Lloyd..............Rancho Dorado

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Good luck to you ....

Nothing to do with Ice Cream - I like the idea of rounding up the rustlers. Yeeee Haaaawww.

Want a hand? I'm happy to go crawling around the bush at night so long as you supply the 12 bore - good huntin' pardner!

Woooop dem asses boy!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Caribee said:
I have circulated a petition requesting that I be granted a commission of "Capitano de Policia" for the villages of La Bahia and El Cupey and so far have over 500 signatures. If granted, I will build a new police station and hopefully bring some law and order for the many good people who now live in fear for their lives if they even accuse a theif for stealing their property.
Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.