Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Web sites for finding job in the DR, please.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Web sites for finding job in the DR, please.

Could someone post me some web site - ON ENGLISH, where is possible to find a job in DR, PLEASE !

Thanks

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

There are classified ads here on DR1.
    Otherwise there are very few, and for CEOs etc. Maybe 2-3 of them.
    Here work is found by networking, by contacts and by being here.

What type of work are you looking for?
    Maybe then someone can give you some more directions.

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
    Post Thanks / Like

Asking ON ENGLISH !! !!! suggests you can't read or speak Spanish - a definite impediment in looking for work where basically 100% of all the people speak Spanish. You could read a few of the 100's of posts about job seeking and the usually poverty level wages that accrue from them as well.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Principe PutzToronto!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandra
    Could someone post me some web site - ON ENGLISH, where is possible to find a job in DR, PLEASE !

Thanks

All websites I know are in Spanish:
    www.infoempleos.com.do
    www.aldaba.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wrong Address

Quote Originally Posted by Eddyx
    All websites I know are in Spanish:
    www.infoempleos.com.do
    www.aldaba.com
    www.infoemleos.net the other before was incorrect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carina
    There are classified ads here on DR1.
    Otherwise there are very few, and for CEOs etc. Maybe 2-3 of them.
    Here work is found by networking, by contacts and by being here.

What type of work are you looking for?
    Maybe then someone can give you some more directions.
    First, thanks to all of you on your answers.
    I am looking for any decent job in DR, for me and my hubby. I am a deskman in one small, european country you probablly have not herd for ~ Serbia, but I would work anything normal in DR. My hubby make a computer softwares. I am networking for a quite time, and I allready sow that things are not so simple. He is also a diving instructor, so we hoped he could find that kind of job, but it turned to be quite difficult too.
    We have 11 yeares old daughter, and hers education is the most expensive thing in DR, so we should be very carefull about moving there.
    "Ricktoronto" seems to be wright.
    Anyway, DR is our dream, and we, at least, tryed to get there.
    Thanks, again!

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Dream

Without decent knowledge of Spanish (and mediocre English I dare add) you should reconsider your dream.
    Your daughter should deserve better than to be drawn into this high risk-no fun-adventure.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I am looking for any decent job in DR, for me and my hubby. I am a deskman in one small, european country you probablly have not herd for ~ Serbia, but I would work anything normal in DR. My hubby make a computer softwares. I am networking for a quite time, and I allready sow that things are not so simple. He is also a diving instructor, so we hoped he could find that kind of job, but it turned to be quite difficult too.
    We have 11 yeares old daughter, and hers education is the most expensive thing in DR, so we should be very carefull about moving there.
    Thanks, again!
    You chances are about zero to get work here, and they are zero by applying from abroad. You can get work here, if you are here already, in tourism, bars etc. Most would be commissionbased with no fixed salary.
    If a fixed salary comes in, it would be a local salary. Around 4000-5000 pesos.
    You can not live on that.

The society here does not function in the way that you can search for work on the internet. You simply need to be here, network, follow up on one lead after another.

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, again!
    Everyone with even a basic understanding of world affairs knows about Serbia and where it is. And the troubled past it has had, which is a shame.

The jobs are tough to find generally don't pay that well becuase there are so many people to work for a little money, and language skills are critical.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast