Restaurant recommendations

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
I had been holding back, wishing to keep it to myself. But guess I owe it to dr1 readers to share this with you all.

Il Buongustaio. Calle Virgilio Diaz Ordo?ez, almost corner Gustavo Mejia Ricart, adjacent to La Lasagna restaurant. In front of Farmacia Carol. Open for lunch (noon to 3 pm) and dinner (from 7:30 pm). Closed Mondays.
Competitor for the title of best Italian restaurant in the DR, this is a treasure that is a block from our office. Definitely in the top 10 best restaurants in the Dominican Republic right now.

Enjoy it while it is at its best, before they are forced to expand, and while the husband-wife team personally takes your order and cooks the meal.
Chef Francesco and his Dominican wife, newly arrived from Italy, have opened a first class restaurant in the Julieta neighborhood. They offer outdoor patio or indoors with a/c.

Why is this highly recommended: Tasteful and very European interior d?cor, with lots of tableware details one may not even find in a much pricier restaurant. Cutlery is quality stainless. Very good wine list.

Food is excellent and varied. Many appear to be chef?s own creations. Fresh ingredients, lots of combination of herbs. Have been there twice, and food was consistently excellent. Highly recommended lamb chops, ravioli with squash (zucca), marlin carpaccio with mango, sea food platter (big enough for two). Desserts are unique and top off an excellent meal with new tropical flavors. Chef merges tropical ingredients with his Italian style.

DR1ers, go now before to get into this place before you need a reservation. Already it is filling up so go early if you do not have a reservation.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Got Their Telephone Number?

It always helps if you can post the cost of your "Entre",and the wine if you remember.The cost of a bottle of "Concha de Toro" gives an indication of prices in general.Thanks!.......CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Next time I go will check the wine list for the cheapest wine. They may not have Concha y Toro. The wine was the most expensive part of the dinner. Prices were reasonable, and much less than at expensive restaurants. This place is a find in any country of the world.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Was the price per person (with wine) over or under RD$500?

La Lasagna still manages to stay in the under 500 category, but this place sounds much more interesting.