Going to Santiago and POP oct. 13-21

MDPR31

Sep 14, 2005
Hi all,

Any interesting events happening during this time frame? This is my third time visiting the country in as many years..I speak fluent spanish and want to get away from the norm(ai resort). Looking for music festivals, great places to eat "typical" food, places to buy GOOD RUM to bring back home and anything else!

Diablo

May 4, 2005
Pop

Hi,

If you want to know Puerto Plata better just let me know when you arrive

Bye

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
MDPR31 said:
Hi all,

Any interesting events happening during this time frame? This is my third time visiting the country in as many years..I speak fluent spanish and want to get away from the norm(ai resort). Looking for music festivals, great places to eat "typical" food, places to buy GOOD RUM to bring back home and anything else!
Presidente Latin Music Festival Oct. 14th starting
You can buy Brugal everywhere
I like the food at Ole, Cucamacarah(or something like that), Aloha Sol, McDonald's on Calle del Sol:classic:
Oh yeah, in Santiago, they advertise on the main roads for artists like Krisspy, etc..

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
What days will you be in Puerto Plata? We have the Jazz festival starting on Oct 20!!!

Other nights there are various things going on. I guess it depends what you like to do! I live and work in Puerto Plata. Let me know what you are looking for!

yankeefan

Sep 30, 2005
im goin to santiago, in november, and was wondering how much it would cost for a taxi from the airport to luperon

MDPR31

Sep 14, 2005
I would like to buy all different kinds of rum, not just Brugal....Does anyone know where there is a big liqour store in Santiago or Puerto Plata??

MDPR31 said:
I would like to buy all different kinds of rum, not just Brugal....Does anyone know where there is a big liqour store in Santiago or Puerto Plata??

You can get all your liquors in the larger supermarkets, I would suggest Pola or National in Santiago. Send me a PM I will be flying incountry on the 14th till Nov 1st.
Badpiece

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Most large supermarkets have a variety or rums. Some have better choices then others. there is a better choice I believe in Santiago stores.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Badpiece you are such a sick puppy, you know I only look at the checkout boys........

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
MDPR31 said:
La Sirena on Calle del Sol (also have an entrance on Treinta de Marzo)
El Enconton on Restauracion
Numerous choices from Hennessey to Baileys(yumm)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Seems to me you already offered your services. If he was interested I am sure he could have read the previous post you made. This forum is not about you soliciting business. IF you want that take out an ad.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Forgive her planner she is 9 month pregnant!!

RE Shopping ofr good rums in Santiago.

The very best place is TRAPICHE on Las Carreras. They have all of the very best rums made here, plus a great selection of other spirits. :p:p

Nacional and La Sirena (POLA) are also more than adequate, but TRAPICHE has better prices..and they will deliver.

An aside Tropical does provide very good service, and they recently acquired a nice 11 passenger van. HEHE, I talked to JJ last night!! He's the hubby...they do a lot of work for our kids at the university, the dance team and the Tuna....Pretty soon they'll have to get a big bus!

HB :D:D

tropical

Nov 20, 2004
www.facebook.com
planner said:
Seems to me you already offered your services. If he was interested I am sure he could have read the previous post you made. This forum is not about you soliciting business. IF you want that take out an ad.

Not to sound rude(since that's not my style) but if it doesn't pertain to you don't read it. The same as anyone can recommend transport services, restaurants, stores etc. I can recommend my services, that's why the majority of people look at this forum, for help, ideas & I believe mostly for ways of not getting ripped off, getting honest rates & I believe very importantly having someone that can provide those services in their language & treat them like family, not only like a taxi service.

They don't all come on here to b.... & talk about beer & women. You obviously don't know that for the past 2 years my husband & I have been servicing mostly DR1 clients & have excellent recommendations(by the way, Hillbilly thanks for standing up for me, but some people just need to be told a thing or two) so instead of sounding so obnoxious, you should start recommending my services also.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Well said Tropical!
Wishing you a Healthy baby!

Last edited: