Miss Dominican takes 2nd place in MS. International.

principe

Nov 19, 2002
Many contests

Miss Universe, Miss World, Miss Latin America, Miss International a lot of contests make my head spin.

May 31, 2005
Why do they call it Miss Universe if they don't have representatives from Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and the rest of the planets? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :p

Jun 5, 2004
Dragonfly32837 said:
Why do they call it Miss Universe if they don't have representatives from Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and the rest of the planets? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :p

lol True. I guess they want to seem higher than anyone else.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
apdomini100max said:
Well its much better than in the 1990's that dominicans didnt even make the top 15th. so we are getting there.
Good point apdom

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Tamborista said:
Amelia Vega won in 2003.
If the acting career does not work out, you can guess where to find her!
According to the DR1 Travel news, you can find her at the Hotel Jaragua tomorrow.

Miss Universe benefit
Miss Universe 2003, Amelia Vega from the Dominican Republic will host a fashion show-benefit for the St. Jude Foundation that assists children with cancer in the Dominican Republic. 15 beauty queens from Latin America and the Caribbean will come for the event. Co-hosts of the event are other former winners of the Miss Dominican Republic title, including Selinee Mendez (1998), Merfry Then (1999), international fashion model Ruth Ocumarez (2003) and Larimar Fiallo (2004).
Latin American beauty queens that are coming are Aida Estrada (Miss Guatemala), Johanna Fernandez, Miss Costa Rica; Luisana Cecilia, Miss Aruba; Ximena Zamora, Miss Ecuador; Casandra Castro, Miss World Puerto Rico 2005; Fiorella Castellano, Miss Peru; Karina Buttner, Miss Paraguay; Desiree Duran, Miss Bolivia, and Nicole Dupont, Miss Uruguay. All represented their countries in the 2005 Miss Universe contest.
Fashion designers Nicolas Felizola from Venezuela, Angel Yanez from Colombia, Luis Antonio from Puerto Rico, and Dominicans Jenny Polanco, Jorge Diep and Modesta Castillo will display their creativity at the event scheduled for Thursday, 29 September at the Salon La Fiesta of the Hotel Jaragua.
There will also be artistic performances by Maridalia Hernandez, Maximo Martinez, the Christian music choir of Ivelisse Gell. Coming from Mexico, former MDO, Pablo Portillo. All will be under the musical direction of maestro Manuel Tejada. This is a production of Chiqui Haddad.
For more information, contact Claudia Mateo at claud_ara@yahoo.com

Exxtol

Jun 27, 2005
How bland...........

Mr_DR said:
Miss Dominican Republic came very close in winning the title for Miss international.

What is up with these people, do they know any other place than 2nd, 3rd or last?

http://www.diariolibre.com/app/article.aspx?id=44821

How boring.......it seems to me all these contests tend to pick the same looking girl--all three look as if they could be sisters--and they're supposed to represent three different countries?! Come on.....I'm not saying they are not beautiful, because they are--but can we get some variety?

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
How the hell do they look the same?
Yadira does not look Philippine or Finnish. She represents DR greatly & the majority of it's people ;) .

Capo

Exxtol said:
How boring.......it seems to me all these contests tend to pick the same looking girl--all three look as if they could be sisters--and they're supposed to represent three different countries?! Come on.....I'm not saying they are not beautiful, because they are--but can we get some variety?

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
On to my post

I like these Miss "whatever" contests at least women aren't complaining men are dogs when viewing these type of events, it's probably the last type of events where men can view women as their meant to be viewed, sex objects :cheeky: . In all seriousness I like these shows & this girl Yadira Geara WILL be Miss Universe or take "1st" place in the MU contest, she is well groomed and has competes gracefully in these events, this is not her first contest and won't be her last, unfortunately she WONT win Miss RD this year as there is another.

Peace,
Capo

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
capodominicano said:
I like these Miss "whatever" contests at least women aren't complaining men are dogs when viewing these type of events, it's probably the last type of events where men can view women as their meant to be viewed, sex objects :cheeky: . In all seriousness I like these shows & this girl Yadira Geara WILL be Miss Universe or take "1st" place in the MU contest, she is well groomed and has competes gracefully in these events, this is not her first contest and won't be her last, unfortunately she WONT win Miss RD this year as there is another.

Peace,
Capo
The next Miss DR is being groomed already. She is only 8 years old and have already won a museum full of trophies.....There is a very high expectation for this little girl, she is outrageously beautiful and will do good as long as they can keep the tigueres away from her and Scott don't claim her his wife.

Exxtol

Jun 27, 2005
capodominicano said:

Peace,
Capo

I decided to pm you instead.