hispanola real estate ?

sosuajames

Mar 8, 2005
i have been looking at real estate in the north coast a lot lately and the villas being offered on the hispanola site seem to good to be true. a brand new villa with your own pool starting at the low $100,000 range. there is no locations provided and a seven month start to finish time. there are just too many bells and whistles included for that type of money. i am no dominican real estate expert but wow!!!! is all i can say about this. i am looking to buy a vacation property in the $120,000 range in the sosua/cabarete area and if this offer is no bull, i would seriously consider it. does any one have any info?

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
sosuajames said:
i have been looking at real estate in the north coast a lot lately and the villas being offered on the hispanola site seem to good to be true. a brand new villa with your own pool starting at the low $100,000 range. there is no locations provided and a seven month start to finish time. there are just too many bells and whistles included for that type of money. i am no dominican real estate expert but wow!!!! is all i can say about this. i am looking to buy a vacation property in the $120,000 range in the sosua/cabarete area and if this offer is no bull, i would seriously consider it. does any one have any info?
The owner of Hispanola Realty is a straight shooter, no bull just good value for the money. Werner is currently building a home for a dr1 member. I'm sure he will reply to this post with his comments.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Yes I agree the people at Hispanola Real-Estate are straight shooters and pro's at what they do, However if you are looking at a "Gateted Commumity"
You will own only the house and not the land.............So be very carefull if this is in fact a Gated Community and demand a Title for your land or walk away fast and don't look back.

I'm sorry but even in Star Hills Estates a beauliful "GATED COMMUNITY"
You can pay upwards of 1.5 Million $ and still you never own the property!

I have been in Real Estate for more years then I care to remember and I have never supported a Gated Commumity, In fact I turn Business away because I don't believe in the concept of only owning your house like a condominium.

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
I agree with Gringo that some gated communities should be avoided. The only reputable ones on the north coast are Haciendas el Choco and Sea Horse Ranch. I disagree with his opinion all should be avoided. I think well run communities serve their clients well.

sosuajames

Mar 8, 2005
i was unaware

that you dont own your land. it sounds to me like it could end up costing me forever, i'm sure not much different than a condo.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
wayne said:
I agree with Gringo that some gated communities should be avoided. The only reputable ones on the north coast are Haciendas el Choco and Sea Horse Ranch. I disagree with his opinion all should be avoided. I think well run communities serve their clients well.
Man I feel like I am in Mars and Venus because I don't understand a thing. I own lots in Lomas Mironas and I have TITLE. Sheesh I have NEVER even heard of NOT owning the land.

Escott

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Gringo is confused to what is owned and not. You own your land but the roads and common grounds are usually owned by the developer. I think the problem he has is with the control the developers maintain over the community. I believe the communities i mentioned have solid reputations and can be trusted, i'm not sure about the others.

Scott, you have more experience then most on the north coast so let's hear your opinion.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
gated

I own in a gated community (Hacienda El Choco) and it is true the roads and common grounds are not owned by the individual owners, but rather by the community with a controling HOA (homeowners association). They meet regularly and the rule is one lot=one vote. None of the officers are the developer. A win/win situation. And you do own the property with a clear title.

Bob K

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
wayne said:
Gringo is confused to what is owned and not. You own your land but the roads and common grounds are usually owned by the developer. I think the problem he has is with the control the developers maintain over the community. I believe the communities i mentioned have solid reputations and can be trusted, i'm not sure about the others.

Scott, you have more experience then most on the north coast so let's hear your opinion.
The roads and common areas are owned and maintained by a home owners association. Everyone I have ever heard of owns the ground their house is on. If someone says any different I would be surprised.

I don't want to own the roads in front of my house. I also dont want to maintain it. I only want to own and maintain the property that is exclusively mine which I have fenced in. I not only have a title but I have deslindi on both lots.

In Lomas Mironas the Developer whom I won't name failed the community and the community took it over completely. The developer does NOT even contribute for the lots he owns nor has he contributed to the community what was previously collected according to a association letter to the owners I received. Lomas Mironas which is now a very well run thriving community with over 20 homes in construction this 12 month period. Now that is busy and thriving considering there are only 70 something lots. Good things happened once the developer left the place in shambles thanks to a couple of owners that took that bull by the horns and threw him down and took control.

If you have questions about other communities just name them and someone will respond here quickly that owns there.

Escott

sosuajames

Mar 8, 2005
i like bob k's situation. the HOA system would work for me. it would be a drag once all the homes in the community are built and then the developer starts gouging because that developers have ownership of your entire community. here in canada to replace an asphalt road that has to be provided upon completion of a new small subdivision is 34.00/lineal foot at some ridiculus width like 3.5m.

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
Hi sosuajames,

I am a fellow canadian that owns in a gated community currently but building one of those new construction from Hispaniola, namely Werner Rinck. I am building a Taino model in Perla Marina, a subdivision that is ocean front. The prices that you see there is exactly what you get. I can recommend this company and I have seen them build many homes with these models. Werner is starting a nice new development in Sosua, which is likely to be very nice. Contact him regarding that. But to answer your main question, yes you get the pool, the house, the land, the furnitures, etc for that price or a little more if you go into more expensive areas like Perla Marina and Lomas Mironas, and a little more again if you go to El Choco. Good luck and do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail. I also agree with Scott, we all own our lots with clear titles, we just don't own common areas.

Eric Carignan

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
Hi Sosuajames,

Here's another interesting building proposition. I seriously looked at the Oktavia model but couldn't find the appropriate lot in Perla Marina to build on. Here's the link. Remember for those, you need to add lot at $30-40/sq.m, pool, furniture, invertor, etc.. I only bought a house from these folks, so I can't really recommend building with them but they were decent people as real estate agent.

http://www.karibik-invest.com/objects.php?lang=en&category=8

sosuajames

Mar 8, 2005
thanks for the useful information on the subject. i am more than likely going to contact the fellow from hispanola realty a few weeks before we go down this winter. i like the idea/concept of this offer. i know many regulars here shun the gated community but not being there for ten months a year, this gives us piece of mind. thanks again

JRR

Dec 9, 2004
not familiar with community

But! I can help you with the financing if you own property in the U.S. Don't pay the exhorbatant rates here, and enjoy the tax benefits of the U.S.

JRR