a song title search

Sep 19, 2005
ok go easy on me...I have been going to a club in CT most of the summer on sunday nights when they have SAMBA night...I know its mostly brazilian, but it sounds an awful lot like spanish to me ha ha ha..well they bands play , but in the break the DJ plays. And every night the DJ plays a huge hit that everybody rocks to and knows the words..they go crazy... it is so big that I have heard some of the bands play it themselves..it has slower spots then builds fast and all of the sudden the whole place is jumping with their arms in the air....yeah I know they act like that on a few songs... I have the beat in my head, but there aint no way it coming out in words....so..if any one can suggest some super club hits that the brazilianz like, give them to me and i run them through my download site and see if thats them.......thanks...bob

Sep 19, 2005
I know that seems like a simple task...right...well at this club he is up near the cieling on one wall and there is actually a ladder nailed to the wall that the DJ has to climb to get into the DJ booth...soooooo I would have to climb the ladder up the side of the dj booth just to get his attention!!!!!!!!! I did ask three bartenders, and they didnt know and could care less..... I really didnt want to sound like I was so out of touch that i didnt know the biggest hit in the club..thats why i didnt ask another other patrons..but if i dont get anywhere ...I will just have to do that........for anyone that knows brazilian bands the band that played last sunday was Baroa vermelho.... a rock band that blew the doors off the place....they were really good....bob

May 31, 2005
laurapasinifan said:
it has slower spots then builds fast and all of the sudden the whole place is jumping with their arms in the air....

This is too general... You don't even know a couple of the words of the song? By the way, to someone that does not know Spanish, Portuguese and Spanish sound alike...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Ever hear of iTunes or MSN Music?
You can search and sample the music for free.

Then go download it on Limewire if the .99 is too much to handle, I mean why should the artist be entitled to a royality anyway?

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Brazilians in clubs always imitate the dance choreography of the video clip of a song which makes it very difficult for non-brazilians to follow. Almost always there are a couple of leaders who know the dance that corresponds with the song; it also has a lot to do with the lyrics.
Why don't you ask a couple of the dancers? Is it in portuguese? if it were in english, i would try the 'follow the leader' dance.
Bartolomeo

Sep 19, 2005
ok thanks so far...I really have followed the words, it just sounds really really good, and has a great beat....I figured I could try to ask again next time I go, I was just hoping to cut that short and ask here....pl;us i figured for anyone who like that music there may be less than 10 songs that are so popular that they are played EVERY night and sometimes more than once a night... and I would just download all of them and listen. I subscribe to a download sight and pay a fee per quarter ( 3 months)... so it is up to the artists to collect from that sight in my mind....plus I have found music then went ahead and bought albums based on what i find. so these download sites have avenues of helping an artist. most of what i listen to now days came from finding the artists on downloads....basically I found artists that did duets with another, and I like that music then looked up the other singer on the duet.. and found I like that one as well, then found duets from the new artist with another, and so on...... I bet i wouldnt have heard some of the songs I like in three lifetimes if i had waited to hear them on the radio or in the clubs...... thanks again for the efforts.........bob

str8d0minikan

Sep 18, 2005
hope this helps

i think the song u are talking about is "Eg?inha Pocot?"

"Vou mandando um beijinho
Pra filhinha e pra vov?
Mas n?o posso esquecer
Da minha ?g?inha pocot?
Pocot? pocot? pocot? pocot?
Minha ?g?inha pocot??"

i heard it alot while i spent the summer thier its a great song if u with the right people

Sep 19, 2005
actually the song you listed is a song I heard a lot in the DR the last 2 trips....we would always get a laugh when that song came on because i would mess up the pocoto over and over, and my girls brother would go off on me!!!!!!! this song I am asking about I am sure is a brazilian song...thanks for the reply though......bob