Luperon Living

Fred Curtis Jr.

Sep 29, 2005
I lived in Luperon for a few months in 97-98. Then the water was an on and off situation as well as the power. Have things changed much in Luperon?

Corporal cod

Jan 12, 2005
Supplys

Well it doesn't sound as if luperon has changed much a lot. The electricity was always going on and off when i was there, and there seamed to be a inconsistant water supply. However i was there in july, so that might explain the water?????? Sorry i can't be of more help.

Cronin_Andrea

Aug 25, 2005
Fred Curtis Jr. said:
I lived in Luperon for a few months in 97-98. Then the water was an on and off situation as well as the power. Have things changed much in Luperon?

I just got back from spending some time very close to Luperon in El Castillo. Water and power issues will never change in DR is my best prediction. You must have a generator, inversol without question. IF you have those things you can live and not ever really notice the power issues when at home.

Other than that I expect it is very different. 5 yrs ago my in-laws bought and built in El Castillo (15-20 min from Luperon) for retirement and at the time it was really a 1 cow town. Now there are gringos of every denomination buying and building in the surrounding beach areas close to Luperon and they use Luperon as their "city" to change money, shop, buy gas ect.

The resorts were dead, I think one was also out of business and for sale. BUT it is also off-peak hurricane season.

Fred Curtis Jr.

Sep 29, 2005
Cronin_Andrea said:
I just got back from spending some time very close to Luperon in El Castillo. Water and power issues will never change in DR is my best prediction. You must have a generator, inversol without question. IF you have those things you can live and not ever really notice the power issues when at home.

Other than that I expect it is very different. 5 yrs ago my in-laws bought and built in El Castillo (15-20 min from Luperon) for retirement and at the time it was really a 1 cow town. Now there are gringos of every denomination buying and building in the surrounding beach areas close to Luperon and they use Luperon as their "city" to change money, shop, buy gas ect.

The resorts were dead, I think one was also out of business and for sale. BUT it is also off-peak hurricane season.
Well I had an apartment right in the village. It is a small town. It was good though. I had my boat in the harbor one year while going south. Thanks

Fred Curtis Jr.

Sep 29, 2005
Corporal cod said:
Well it doesn't sound as if luperon has changed much a lot. The electricity was always going on and off when i was there, and there seamed to be a inconsistant water supply. However i was there in july, so that might explain the water?????? Sorry i can't be of more help.
Thank you