Buying a Car in the DR?

Vibe_2020

Jul 1, 2003
Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a used car in the DR.

I'm not looking for anything fantastic... I'm just looking for something that is fairly safe and runs (i.e. a hoopty).

Any suggestions on where to begin my search?

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Vibe_2020 said:
Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a used car in the DR.

I'm not looking for anything fantastic... I'm just looking for something that is fairly safe and runs (i.e. a hoopty).

Any suggestions on where to begin my search?

Would depend where in DR?

ElPuma

Jun 28, 2005
apart from expensive cars, used cars are ususally junk, as I said in another post, a car "like new" here is usually semi-junk by european-usa standards. So if you read the listin diario ads dont believe the "excelentes codiciones" . also used cars here can have some "traps". when I purchased a car simply stopped to call to ads cause I got tired of see junk "like new", even a car with holes in the dashboard is like new!

the best IMHO is go to a dealer direct-importer and get a just imported car not used here , you can find a lot in 27 de febrero

Vibe_2020

Jul 1, 2003
Looking to Buy Car in Puerto Plata/Sosua

Hello,

I'm Looking to buy a car in Puerto Plata or Sosua.

Something cheap, a piece of junk that'll run, get me from A to B.

Vibe_2020

Jul 1, 2003
ElPuma said:
apart from expensive cars, used cars are ususally junk, as I said in another post, a car "like new" here is usually semi-junk by european-usa standards. So if you read the listin diario ads dont believe the "excelentes codiciones" . also used cars here can have some "traps". when I purchased a car simply stopped to call to ads cause I got tired of see junk "like new", even a car with holes in the dashboard is like new!

the best IMHO is go to a dealer direct-importer and get a just imported car not used here , you can find a lot in 27 de febrero

Thanks for the information.

I'm not looking for a coar for myself.

It' for a Dominican friend... and I don't think they can afford anything from a dealer.

No, I just need a crappy vehicle they can use to get between cities every three or four weeks.

Can you give me more information on the listin dario adds?
I'd like to know where to start looking.

Do you have any ideal of the price range for a piece of junk?
That's all I really need.

Again, thank you for the information.