checking a chevrolet blazer transmission

ElPuma

Jun 28, 2005
hi, I want to check a blazer transmission (auto) I think it has some slippage (days ago the fluid was changed) , if it were te engine many mechanics can check it, but the transmission seems more complicated.

besides santo domingo motors, anyone know a garage especialized in GM-chevrolet or so? thanks!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I wish I had an answer to your question.
It's already hard enough to get good transmission people in North America, but here, most people just buy a used one rather than go through the head & heartaches involved in trying to get them fixed.
I drive an Oldsmobile 98 myself, and am not looking forward to the day that the tranny gives me any trouble.
If it were to happen, the first place I would contact would be Espaillat Motors in Moca, and take it from there.
I have known them for a long time, and my friends and I have surely purchased over 50 vehicles from them, and they always steer me to the right solutions.
If you don't think it's too far to go, I can give you the contact info, if you like.
Marco.

Eddyx

Sep 9, 2005
ElPuma said:
hi, I want to check a blazer transmission (auto) I think it has some slippage (days ago the fluid was changed) , if it were te engine many mechanics can check it, but the transmission seems more complicated.

besides santo domingo motors, anyone know a garage especialized in GM-chevrolet or so? thanks!

It happens when the transmission has some years of use. You should have to add an additive for that, to make the oil transmission a little heavy. Might it solve your trouble. If it doesn't work, them go to the mechanic.

ElPuma

Jun 28, 2005
thanks for the responses, well it seems after changing the transmission fluid they fill it wrong , today I managed to check it by myselft and the level was very low, just purchased another quart of dextron III in la sirena and tomorrow will see if the slipping get fixed.

I changed the fluid in the quick service garage in 27 just after crossing ortega y gasset, they seem serious but don't recomment it at all, really it is funny ,tomorrow if I have time will write the complete story in another post.

The car is "like new" (by usa/europe standards :) ), it has about 30000 miles, so I hope the transmission is ok.