LIFE in DR: what do you do for fun

donrael

Sep 26, 2005
Hola Q' tal?

I was wandering what are some of the things you guys do for fun in your respective provinces. and I am looking for answers besides, going to beach, going to club or dinner. you know, things aside form the usual.

its probably a good idea to create a forum to post all these different things one can do in different areas so its always there for all. I am sure the people coming from other countries where there are many different activities would appreciate it.

hope to hear lots of good stuff

~Don ;)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
donrael said:
Hola Q' tal?

I was wandering what are some of the things you guys do for fun in your respective provinces. and I am looking for answers besides, going to beach, going to club or dinner. you know, things aside form the usual.

its probably a good idea to create a forum to post all these different things one can do in different areas so its always there for all. I am sure the people coming from other countries where there are many different activities would appreciate it.

~Don ;)
If you read the blogs you will see a bunch of people talking about what they do every day.

Escott

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
donrael said:
Hola Q' tal?

~Don ;)
I know you ask descriptions of things "beyond the usual", albeit what is "usual" for one person may not be so for another. However, the following are some of things I do "for fun"...

"Passive" Activities:

1. Play chess
2. Read, read, read, read, did I say read....
3. Visit family and acquaintances
4. People watch from time to time
5. Discuss/debate over economic policies affecting the country...
6. Birdwatch

"More active" activities:

1. Golf
2. Skeet shooting
3. Horseback riding
4. Play tennis
5. Bowl (I don't know why, but I like it...)
6. Attend greyhound races at the Canodromo
7. When in season, attend baseball games
8. Scuba dive
9. Spend some nights on the town, eat at restaurant, yadda yadda yadda

"Adrenaline" pumping activities:

1. Rockclimb
2. Sky dive
3. Whitewater raft
4. I'm thinking about learning how to windsurf, but am not too sure yet...

Is this more or less what you were looking for?

-Nal

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
donrael said:
Hola Q' tal?

I was wandering what are some of the things you guys do for fun in your respective provinces. and I am looking for answers besides, going to beach, going to club or dinner. you know, things aside form the usual. ...~Don ;)

I am now spending most of my time in the Capital city, however, when I'm in Azua I enjoy playing the folk healer. When the word gets around that I've arrived, a crowd gathers for consultation. For example, the other day a guy walks in with tremendous abdominal pains. After a few questions, I had him sit in the long ramada which extends from one end to the other of the compound, and gave instructions to one of my helpers. As soon as my patient had ingested what was prepared for him, I asked him to stand up and tell me how he felt. He told me he felt great, and that the pain had subsided. He hadn't had any food to eat since early the previous day, and his 'medicine' was a large plate of boiled plantain, fried eggs, salami, and a large glass of papaya juice. But most of the time my patients ailments are a little more complicated than this.

donrael

Sep 26, 2005
Escott said:
If you read the blogs you will see a bunch of people talking about what they do every day.

Escott

ESCOTT

I know what u mean, but think about it; if you have a section where people can list just things they have discovered and share it so that its easy for anyone to get, wouldn't that be nice?

in a blog you have to read so much and filter too much stuff (not that there's anything wrong w/ that). BUt what I am talking about is just a sopt dedicated to sharing activities including where to do them, when, etc.

hope you guys dig

donrael

Sep 26, 2005
Nal0whs...exactly

u got the point. although by "usual", i meant anything that's easy to do and find around. you mentioned some nice stuff I would like to try, i.e. water rafting, greyhound races, rock climbing, sky diving, etc.

now imagine having to sort through every blog to get to this?

would take forever

there should be a "Things to do" forum.

gracias

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Robert said:
Please post more details on skydiving here.
Well, there is not much to this. You put on the straps, suit, etc, hop on the plane, once up jump out! ;)

The Club Paracaidismo Cielo Azul offers skydiving here. As far as I know, they are the only one's offering this.

Notice, they are moving to San Isidro, wohoo!

donrael

Sep 26, 2005
this is my point

example: robert saw sky diving and wanted more info on it. this is why it is a good idea to have that forum so people can write down all that there is to do in DR and related info on them.

<--- just championing a good idea

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
donrael said:
example: robert saw sky diving and wanted more info on it. this is why it is a good idea to have that forum so people can write down all that there is to do in DR and related info on them.

<--- just championing a good idea

We are not going to open a forum for this.
Post in the travel or living forums.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Going to rivers between mountians
Once in a while, sosua beach.
Internet chatting with my family and friends (skype, msn messenger and google talk).
Breaking and fixing my own computer.
BBQ, cooking, photography.Sitting with freinds in bar (ahibar), laughing the night away.
When I get bored from daily routines, I pack up my bags and travel to far away exotic lands (but usually I end up in atlanta, georgia).