Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bass fishing

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Bass fishing

I just moved to Constanza and would like some imput on lake fishing (fresh water). What types of fish can I expect to catch on light spinning tackle and fly rod (ie: bass-trout-panfish-catfish, etc.). I need to purchase some additional tackle, rod and reel. Where is the best store to do this? Information on the lake and river fishing (Locations near Constanza)

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nibbllers

Well? 13 bites and no sets. I guess everyone that knows about fishing is out doing it. I am trying to find a store that might have a Shakespeare Ugly stick or a Berkley Cherrywood rod. I also would like to find a Shimano TX spinning reel or a Shakespeare Catera spinning reel. Any Ideas to save me a few steps and hours of taxi rides. Thanks

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Someone must be home

It is 7:40, surely someone must be home from fishing or work that has bought some tackle or a rod and reel in Santo Domingo or San Diago. Is there no freshwater fishing in the DR. Help!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default San Domingo soon

I will be travelling to the Capital with in a week. I would like to know if there are any specific stores for fishing gear or do I need to go the big places. The only real big one I know is Carefour (spelling).

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
    Post Thanks / Like

If someone knows they will reply. You don't have to post 3 posts to your original as an effort to get noticed. I now wonder myself if there is bass in the DR, not likely but maybe there is.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

they sell big lake fish on the side of the road near Bonao, about 5 to 10 lbs. Greenish brown in color, not sure what they are.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently did a search of bass and freshwater fishing on this site. I came up with several threads that mentioned resevoirs that did have bass. Do the search and you could find the same info.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

For fishing supplies try Deportes Sol y Mar (809-562-7771) in Santo Domingo it is just a block or so away from Americana Departamentos, they sell all you will need in general.

Large mouth Bass fishing is quite popular and a favorite spot would be Presa de Hatillo which is located near the town of Maimon off the Duarte highway at Piedra Blanca town.

On Vacation....
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking New aquatic life discovery

Quote Originally Posted by Conchman
    Greenish brown in color, not sure what they are.
    I guess the lake fishes have mutated to another form of aquatic life

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out all the stores in Superpagesdr.com (Santo Domingo)

http://www.superpagesdr.com/listings...=34&Buscar.y=6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast