Bass fishing

Luperonsailor

May 1, 2005
I just moved to Constanza and would like some imput on lake fishing (fresh water). What types of fish can I expect to catch on light spinning tackle and fly rod (ie: bass-trout-panfish-catfish, etc.). I need to purchase some additional tackle, rod and reel. Where is the best store to do this? Information on the lake and river fishing (Locations near Constanza)

Luperonsailor

May 1, 2005
Nibbllers

Well? 13 bites and no sets. I guess everyone that knows about fishing is out doing it. I am trying to find a store that might have a Shakespeare Ugly stick or a Berkley Cherrywood rod. I also would like to find a Shimano TX spinning reel or a Shakespeare Catera spinning reel. Any Ideas to save me a few steps and hours of taxi rides. Thanks

Luperonsailor

May 1, 2005
Someone must be home

It is 7:40, surely someone must be home from fishing or work that has bought some tackle or a rod and reel in Santo Domingo or San Diago. Is there no freshwater fishing in the DR. Help!

Luperonsailor

May 1, 2005
San Domingo soon

I will be travelling to the Capital with in a week. I would like to know if there are any specific stores for fishing gear or do I need to go the big places. The only real big one I know is Carefour (spelling).

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
If someone knows they will reply. You don't have to post 3 posts to your original as an effort to get noticed. I now wonder myself if there is bass in the DR, not likely but maybe there is.

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
I recently did a search of bass and freshwater fishing on this site. I came up with several threads that mentioned resevoirs that did have bass. Do the search and you could find the same info.

Narcosis

Dec 18, 2003
For fishing supplies try Deportes Sol y Mar (809-562-7771) in Santo Domingo it is just a block or so away from Americana Departamentos, they sell all you will need in general.

Large mouth Bass fishing is quite popular and a favorite spot would be Presa de Hatillo which is located near the town of Maimon off the Duarte highway at Piedra Blanca town.

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Those fish have mutated into......

....big carp. There are bass there also.

Tight lines!

Dave

MDPR31

Sep 14, 2005
dude im coming over there next month and if youd like me to bring you a rod over from the states or a reel or something lemme know...i used to work at bass pro so i know about all that stuff...dan