Hotel Recommendations in Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Island777

Oct 9, 2005
Cita del Sol Hotel in Cabarete

Low cost accommodations in Cabarete are increasingly difficult to find. Of course it depends on what you want and need. I recommend Cita del Sol because of the size of the apartments, high-speed internet, cable TV, large swimming pool, quiet atmosphere right in the center of town. Prices are in the $50-$80 USD range, depending on whether you need air conditioning or can make do with fans. The apartments have small kitchens and balconies. Cita del Sol is under new management and has its own generator. Tele # is 571-0720.

For the least expensive but still good accomodation, try La Alegria, which is just back from the beach on the east end of town. I think you can get a small room there for $30 usd. The owners are very nice people from Lebanon.

Another low cost option is Surf Camp in Pro Cab run by an energetic German named Aly. He offers small cabins and provides some meals in a restaurant on site that has great spiced meat on the menu. Bathrooms are shared and prices very low, around $20/night.

Cabarete is becoming increasingly expensive, with Valero Beach Resort charging $100 and up, Palm Beach condo's twice that and even Villa Taino almost $100 a night. Perhaps Casa Laguna's all inclusive arrangement is economical, but I'm not sure.

Good luck.

a.claessens

Oct 16, 2005
prices Cita del Sol

Island777 said:
Low cost accommodations in Cabarete are increasingly difficult to find. Of course it depends on what you want and need. I recommend Cita del Sol because of the size of the apartments, high-speed internet, cable TV, large swimming pool, quiet atmosphere right in the center of town. Prices are in the $50-$80 USD range, depending on whether you need air conditioning or can make do with fans. The apartments have small kitchens and balconies. Cita del Sol is under new management and has its own generator. Tele # is 571-0720.

For the least expensive but still good accomodation, try La Alegria, which is just back from the beach on the east end of town. I think you can get a small room there for $30 usd. The owners are very nice people from Lebanon.

Another low cost option is Surf Camp in Pro Cab run by an energetic German named Aly. He offers small cabins and provides some meals in a restaurant on site that has great spiced meat on the menu. Bathrooms are shared and prices very low, around $20/night.

Cabarete is becoming increasingly expensive, with Valero Beach Resort charging $100 and up, Palm Beach condo's twice that and even Villa Taino almost $100 a night. Perhaps Casa Laguna's all inclusive arrangement is economical, but I'm not sure.

Good luck.

I would like to correct the price quote on Cita del Sol. Low season prices are 40 USD for an apartment with fan and 50 USD for airconditioning. High season prices are 50 and 60 USD per night. Visit the web at www.citadelsol.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.