What do we need?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
What additions would you like to see on the message boards.
Features, forums, changes etc?

Give me your feedback...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I saw a quick reply window this morning, is that not going to be a feature now?

Thanks for changing the reply button to a quote button although it doesn't stop people from quoting a foot long post right after the OP ;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Hlywud said:
Ability to upload an avatar,
Can we have an info center to see who is online.

A meeting place forum where pople can post the dates and locations, just a thought

Avatar's will eventually be linked to post count. Not sure when.
You can add events to the Calendar.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Wud you can see who's online, (except for those that choose to be invisible) on the main page of the forums at the very bottom. Also tells you how many visitors are reading.

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Reference Material

Don't know if this would be considered free advertising but often when I think of something I need to know/find out I think of DR1 and who on the board would be able to provide info on that subject .... what about a listing of areas that we're involved in? i.e.

HillBilly - Professor of X
Chris - Weather buff and computer geek
Rob - DR1 founder

ect so that we don't have to go searching to find the info but have a quick reference spot.

My two pesos :D

Stay well,
Amy

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
amy2761 said:
Don't know if this would be considered free advertising but often when I think of something I need to know/find out I think of DR1 and who on the board would be able to provide info on that subject .... what about a listing of areas that we're involved in? i.e.

HillBilly - Professor of X
Chris - Weather buff and computer geek
Rob - DR1 founder

ect so that we don't have to go searching to find the info but have a quick reference spot.

My two pesos :D

Stay well,
Amy

People come an go, that's the problem. Plus some have a broad range of knowledge.

FYI: Dolores is the founder of DR1, I arrived a few months later :)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Now if you could get rid of the quote button they'd have to stop and think before checking off the question "quote message in reply" ? ;)

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Expanding on HB's thoughts, how about the ability to show your respective city or town as a line below your name? Just a thought that some may like to know who is actually posting from the DR (to me, it adds a certain level of credibility), or where the poster is actually from. Then again, do we really want more Canadian jokes?

PS I really like how the Bold/Italics functions work now.