the dominican irony!

Status
Not open for further replies.

observer keen

Oct 4, 2005
self-alienation seems to be at the very roots of the surging hostility toward dominicans of haitian descent. i find myself wondering whether our dominican brothers are up to an encore massacre.
have my dominican brothers failed to realize that they are being manipulated by a tiny minority of nazi origin of the like of ballager? they are being made pawns of_ they are being blinded by pseudo-nationalism.

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
observer keen said:
self-alienation seems to be at the very roots of the surging hostility toward dominicans of haitian descent. i find myself wondering whether our dominican brothers are up to an encore massacre.
have my dominican brothers failed to realize that they are being manipulated by a tiny minority of nazi origin of the like of ballager? they are being made pawns of_ they are being blinded by pseudo-nationalism.

Keen I'd like to respond in the proper sense..to your issue..but can you please be more specific about what your arguments and points are for such a post...just trying to get an angle of what your topic is based on.

Sep 19, 2005
how can he STILL be an idiot, when its his first post?????????????
irreguardless of the posts content!!!.......bob

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
observer keen said:
Can this be used as proof of threats to the Dominican Republic?

Let's see:

1. We got organizations claiming Haitians are in Slavery, etc etc etc and yet, not one Haitian goes back to Haiti at will, that I know of. Instead, these Haitians are receiving daily warm meals, unlike in Haiti.

2. Then there are those trying to impose purely race based racism, divide Dominicans based on the notion of color. These are people who want darker Dominicans to disown a lighter Dominican and vice-versa, even if they are family by blood.

3. Then there are the anti-elitists who believe that getting rid of the people who keep this country alive is what will help.

4. And then there are those who wish the expansion of Haiti over Dominican territory, but they won't make that clear now because it will be complete suicide to their own objectives at the moment.

5. Then we got those who simply hate all Dominicans, regardless of anything else, they might even hate Dominicans who are helping Haitians.

6. And last, but not least, not one person brings up the issue of developing Haiti, making Haiti a better place so Haitians won't have to come to DR for their survival, and nobody is really looking at the Haitian government as having any responsibility in all of this.

Does it need to be said that if Haiti would have been more developed, maybe the Haitian dilemma that spans beyond the Dominican Republic, in fact affects every nation and territory in the Caribbean, would never had occur to the levels that are occuring?

Jean (or Jac) Chirac (France's Prime Minister) made a speech in Guadaloupe during his last election bid claiming among many things "to deport all those illegal-Haitians who are chopping your trees, stealing your jobs, and degrading your culture". This was Chirac from "civilized" France talking to Guadaloupians! But, not a word of controversy came to light.

In the Bahamas, constant worry from native Bahamians of "enough is enough, the Haitian invasion must be stopped" are echoing across the archipelago, and not a bit of criticism comes to light.

In the Turks and Caicos, Haitians are supposedely responsible for "crime, cutting down trees, exposing residents to Aids, causing car accidents, and degrading the island image by living in hovels like animals" and I am quoting! And not a bit of criticism is heared.

Jamaicans, Trinidadians, Barbadoians, St. Lucians, Antiguans, Arubans, the entire Caribbean has an anti-Haitian rhetoric flowing throw their gossips, newspaper columns, and national psyche and not a word of criticism comes to light.

Yet, a Haitian is deported from Dominican Republic, the sky appears to come crashing down with anti-Dominicans like Colette Lespinasse inflating truths and mixing them with certain lies to make her global case against Dominicans. Groups like the Haitian-Dominican Women's Movement who had at one point a good base and ideology that has rotten into what appears to be an agenda against Dominican sovreignity where they demand citizenship to all Haitians in Dominican territory who are here illegally, while at the same time the Haitian government denies its own people their Haitian citizenship, despite Haitian law recognizing citizenship BY BLOOD! They do grant Haitian citizenship to any Haitian born outside of Haiti, except if its the DR!

The list goes on and on and on and on, this anti-Dominican slant, this attempt to divide Dominicans, this attempt to discredit Dominican continues to permute into the media constantly!

Funny how not one person is thanking the Dominican Republic for pratically begging to the United Nations to send military troups to calm the situation in Haiti. Oh no, nobody sees that.

Nobody sees the thousands of illegal Haitian women giving birth in Dominican hospitals and Dominican doctors being forced to attend them BY NATIONAL LAW! Oh, nobody sees that!

Nobody sees the thousands of Haitian children attending Dominican tax payers founded public schools, in some cases causing classrooms to be too crowded, but we still accomodate a space for the son/daughter of an illegal Haitian migrant! Oh, but nobody sees that!

People will only calm the anti-Dominican rhetoric once the Dominican flag is lowered and the Haitians flag predominates over the entire island once again.

If that is what their dream is every night they go to sleep, well then keep on sleeping, it's NOT going to happen anytime soon!

-BTW, I'm not anti-Haitian at all. But I am anti-hypocrites who use various forms of racist tactics to gain their pro-Haiti stand!

Do things right and maybe, people will listen!

Last edited:

yvette

Jun 18, 2004
observer keen said:

observer keen,

One sentence written clearly, will get you more responses than a whole paragraph full of words that seem written in an unknown code.

Yvette

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Here is a part of a report, albeit its a bit dated, but its still more or less accurate. The link is at the bottom.

Some parts I had to shorten due to size constraints on posts.

Haitian Migration in the Caribbean

The United States returned 20,000 from Guantánamo between September 1994 and January 1995; The Bahamas repatriated approximately 8,000 Haitians from February to December 1995, and is seeking to extend the repatriation accord with Haiti; the Dominican Republic deported 20,000 in the first three months of this year; the Turks and Caicos is in the process of repatriating 3,000 this year; smaller numbers have been deported from other island states; and Martinique has expressed interest in a repatriation program like that of the Turks and Caicos.

Haitians in the Dominican Republic

during the Duvalier years when the dictator (and later his son) sold their citizens for work in the Dominican cane fields

has modestly improved the way in which the deportations are carried out.

Other Vulnerable Populations: The Bahamas and Turks and Caicos

Similar inchoate repatriation exercises are occurring elsewhere in the Caribbean. Jamaica used the damage wrought by a hurricane to return almost of its Haitian population in 19--.

The Bahamas in January 1995 for the return of 800 Haitians and Bahamians of Haitian descent each month over a 12-month period. Commitments to review the immigration status of each individual selected for deportation and provide legal residency for those who were long-time residents or had been born in The Bahamas were not fulfilled.

Turks and Caicos to repatriate 3,000 of its 10,000 Haitian residents

Responses to the Repatriations: Haiti and the International Community

The problem for Haiti is that the state has no capacity to absorb or reintegrate returnees. The economy is, at the moment, moribund. Thus, jobs for thousands of recent arrivals will be almost impossible to find. Housing, education and job training funds are scarce. The International Office for Migration (IOM) is operating a migrant reintegration program whose effectiveness is limited. The Haitian National Office for Migration (NOM) is surviving on a grant from the European Union for emergency assistance for returnees and lacks the technical capacity or manpower to develop a Haitian migration policy or provide much direct help to returnees. It must turn to IOM for technical assistance, basic staff training and the implementation of assistance programs for the returnees. In the welter of pressing domestic economic and political crises, migration is an issue that no one in the Haitian government wishes to address. And, finally, even if it wished to tackle migration problems, the Haitian government lacks the capacity to do so -- it has no data on migration patterns, cannot track the movements of its citizens (most of whom lack any kind of official identity document), and the new Haitian National Police has a tiny border patrol and coast guard which cannot control the flow of border or sea traffic.

The problem for the migrants who are deported is they usually have no way to demonstrate their legal (or moral) right to reside in the host country -- repatriations (particularly in the Dominican Republic) are usually carried out randomly and collectively, and often return long-time residents to a country where they no longer have family or friends and children to a land whose language they may not speak.

International governmental organizations have not been of much assistance -- migration issues of this nature do not appear to fall within anyone's mandate. UNHCR limits itself to convention refugees and displaced persons. The World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank tend to ignore the migration effects of economic development strategies they finance, even though the transition to an open, market-based economy is expected to generate migration outflows in the short term. The European Union has targeted funds for joint Haiti-Dominican projects in the border area through Lomé IV, but it is not clear that those funds will be employed to address migration concerns. Although the Organization of American States has played an important role in resolving the 1991-94 Haiti crisis (and the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights has launched a study of migrant labor in the hemisphere), broader Caribbean migration issues are not a focus of its present work either. CARICOM might be a candidate to take an interest in these issues now that Haiti has become a member, but migration has not been high on its agenda in the past.

http://www.oas.org/juridico/english/gavigane.html

Last edited:

observer keen

Oct 4, 2005
it is quite easy to vilify than to actually think. i have written my short piece in an attempt to actually stimulate what i have perceived to be slow-firing neurons within the cranium of some of you guys. i am not interested in ad-hominem cliches. this is what you do not know about history and the socio-economic structure of your country:
haiti may have cancer, but dominican republic has diabetes. a diabetic is not healthy, but rather less sick than a cancerous patient.
your country is being taken over by pseudo-nationalists who are no more than first-generation dominicans intent on perserving the ignorance of the masses in order to take advantage of their psyho-historical emotionalism vis-a-vis their hatian brothers. given the fact that the majority of dominicans are of mixed heritage, rejecting your african part is self-alienation; and the concept of self-actualization maintains that full self-integration be a prerequisite to achieving the pinnacle of humanhood. you will never be able to achieve full humanhood as long as you continue on advancing one part of yourself at the expense of the other part. i am a logico-mathematician who loves analogies in clarifying my points, so i have devised this analogy to describe the existential reality of my dominican brothers:
"..a guy had gotten into a car-accident which left his right foot broken. after surgery, his doctor ordered him to go to physical therapy; but instead of applying physical therapy to strengthen his weakened right foot, the confused young man unwittingly does it to strengthen his uninjured left foot" the result is an assymmetrical man with an excessively outgrown left foot and a very neglected weakened right foot. in other words, he is a limping man, a caricature of a man.
frankly, this is not only the existential reality of dominicans, but also the vestigial attitude of most former european subjects of african and mixed heritage. for instance, the dominicans' and haitians' futile attempt at trivializing the terms "congo" and "zulu" respectively reflects their existential assymmetry_the former knows what king carlos had eaten for breakfast while the latter knows the anecdotal escapades of napoleon without knowing any substantial facts about pre-colonial africa. whether you deny it or not, those genes are within you, they may give you sicle-cell anemia or a very nice chocolate color with succulent lips.
the question is whether we are too comfortable with this assymmetrical existential state not to seek the acquisition of full humanhood.
ps: a haitian president "geffrard" had successfully prevented a spanish expeditionary fleet from invading the young nation of dominican republic, for which he had to pay the spaniards a huge sum of money. our histories are linked_ in fact, the slaves in the spanish-dominated east were first fred by toussaint louverture, who were your now neglected ancestors and that haitians did not "technically" invade dominican republic but rather a spanish dominion with a governor-general appointed by the king of spain.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Truth hurts

Nal0whs said:
Can this be used as proof of threats to the Dominican Republic?

Let's see:

1. We got organizations claiming Haitians are in Slavery, etc etc etc and yet, not one Haitian goes back to Haiti at will, that I know of. Instead, these Haitians are receiving daily warm meals, unlike in Haiti.

2. Then there are those trying to impose purely race based racism, divide Dominicans based on the notion of color. These are people who want darker Dominicans to disown a lighter Dominican and vice-versa, even if they are family by blood.

3. Then there are the anti-elitists who believe that getting rid of the people who keep this country alive is what will help.

4. And then there are those who wish the expansion of Haiti over Dominican territory, but they won't make that clear now because it will be complete suicide to their own objectives at the moment.

5. Then we got those who simply hate all Dominicans, regardless of anything else, they might even hate Dominicans who are helping Haitians.

6. And last, but not least, not one person brings up the issue of developing Haiti, making Haiti a better place so Haitians won't have to come to DR for their survival, and nobody is really looking at the Haitian government as having any responsibility in all of this.

Does it need to be said that if Haiti would have been more developed, maybe the Haitian dilemma that spans beyond the Dominican Republic, in fact affects every nation and territory in the Caribbean, would never had occur to the levels that are occuring?

Jean (or Jac) Chirac (France's Prime Minister) made a speech in Guadaloupe during his last election bid claiming among many things "to deport all those illegal-Haitians who are chopping your trees, stealing your jobs, and degrading your culture". This was Chirac from "civilized" France talking to Guadaloupians! But, not a word of controversy came to light.

In the Bahamas, constant worry from native Bahamians of "enough is enough, the Haitian invasion must be stopped" are echoing across the archipelago, and not a bit of criticism comes to light.

In the Turks and Caicos, Haitians are supposedely responsible for "crime, cutting down trees, exposing residents to Aids, causing car accidents, and degrading the island image by living in hovels like animals" and I am quoting! And not a bit of criticism is heared.

Jamaicans, Trinidadians, Barbadoians, St. Lucians, Antiguans, Arubans, the entire Caribbean has an anti-Haitian rhetoric flowing throw their gossips, newspaper columns, and national psyche and not a word of criticism comes to light.

Yet, a Haitian is deported from Dominican Republic, the sky appears to come crashing down with anti-Dominicans like Colette Lespinasse inflating truths and mixing them with certain lies to make her global case against Dominicans. Groups like the Haitian-Dominican Women's Movement who had at one point a good base and ideology that has rotten into what appears to be an agenda against Dominican sovreignity where they demand citizenship to all Haitians in Dominican territory who are here illegally, while at the same time the Haitian government denies its own people their Haitian citizenship, despite Haitian law recognizing citizenship BY BLOOD! They do grant Haitian citizenship to any Haitian born outside of Haiti, except if its the DR!

The list goes on and on and on and on, this anti-Dominican slant, this attempt to divide Dominicans, this attempt to discredit Dominican continues to permute into the media constantly!

Funny how not one person is thanking the Dominican Republic for pratically begging to the United Nations to send military troups to calm the situation in Haiti. Oh no, nobody sees that.

Nobody sees the thousands of illegal Haitian women giving birth in Dominican hospitals and Dominican doctors being forced to attend them BY NATIONAL LAW! Oh, nobody sees that!

Nobody sees the thousands of Haitian children attending Dominican tax payers founded public schools, in some cases causing classrooms to be too crowded, but we still accomodate a space for the son/daughter of an illegal Haitian migrant! Oh, but nobody sees that!

People will only calm the anti-Dominican rhetoric once the Dominican flag is lowered and the Haitians flag predominates over the entire island once again.

If that is what their dream is every night they go to sleep, well then keep on sleeping, it's NOT going to happen anytime soon!

-BTW, I'm not anti-Haitian at all. But I am anti-hypocrites who use various forms of racist tactics to gain their pro-Haiti stand!

Do things right and maybe, people will listen!
Nals, you hit the nail right on the head, but as you know people are stuck in their ways and ignorance is bliss.

Simbul

May 26, 2005
For amusement

observer keen said:
it is quite easy to vilify than to actually think. i have written my short piece in an attempt to actually stimulate what i have perceived to be slow-firing neurons within the cranium of some of you guys. i am not interested in ad-hominem cliches. this is what you do not know about history and the socio-economic structure of your country:
haiti may have cancer, but dominican republic has diabetes. a diabetic is not healthy, but rather less sick than a cancerous patient.
your country is being taken over by pseudo-nationalists who are no more than first-generation dominicans intent on perserving the ignorance of the masses in order to take advantage of their psyho-historical emotionalism vis-a-vis their hatian brothers. given the fact that the majority of dominicans are of mixed heritage, rejecting your african part is self-alienation; and the concept of self-actualization maintains that full self-integration be a prerequisite to achieving the pinnacle of humanhood. you will never be able to achieve full humanhood as long as you continue on advancing one part of yourself at the expense of the other part. i am a logico-mathematician who loves analogies in clarifying my points, so i have devised this analogy to describe the existential reality of my dominican brothers:
"..a guy had gotten into a car-accident which left his right foot broken. after surgery, his doctor ordered him to go to physical therapy; but instead of applying physical therapy to strengthen his weakened right foot, the confused young man unwittingly does it to strengthen his uninjured left foot" the result is an assymmetrical man with an excessively outgrown left foot and a very neglected weakened right foot. in other words, he is a limping man, a caricature of a man.
frankly, this is not only the existential reality of dominicans, but also the vestigial attitude of most former european subjects of african and mixed heritage. for instance, the dominicans' and haitians' futile attempt at trivializing the terms "congo" and "zulu" respectively reflects their existential assymmetry_the former knows what king carlos had eaten for breakfast while the latter knows the anecdotal escapades of napoleon without knowing any substantial facts about pre-colonial africa. whether you deny it or not, those genes are within you, they may give you sicle-cell anemia or a very nice chocolate color with succulent lips.
the question is whether we are too comfortable with this assymmetrical existential state not to seek the acquisition of full humanhood.
ps: a haitian president "geffrard" had successfully prevented a spanish expeditionary fleet from invading the young nation of dominican republic, for which he had to pay the spaniards a huge sum of money. our histories are linked_ in fact, the slaves in the spanish-dominated east were first fred by toussaint louverture, who were your now neglected ancestors and that haitians did not "technically" invade dominican republic but rather a spanish dominion with a governor-general appointed by the king of spain.

At first glimpse, I assumed you were questioning if the Dominican society was moving toward drastic measures to stem the flow of Haitian immigrants. Now I am not sure if that was the case of another pointless jab at "Dominicans deny African roots". Well after insulting everybody with that first sentence, I couldn't help a wicked grin. Your rant reminds me of when I tried to write a paper with "big" words and after reciting it, my professor asked me to reread it in plain English.

Your dictatorial rant is like a hammer trying to bang a notion into others minds whether they agree or not. You just want them to agree with you and any opposing notions are absurd. Try firing your hyper-logical-mathematical genius at this, because it seems the Dominicans don't bother:

IT SEEMS THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT CARE IF DOMINICANS AT LARGE ACKNOWLEDGE ANY AFRICAN DESCENT ARE PEOPLE THAT AREN'T DOMINICANS. :lick:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
it is quite easy to vilify than to actually think.
Interesting YOU posted that!
The Spaniards also helped the Haitians gain their independence from France and how did Toussaint thank them?

By invading them!

From that point forward it was clear.

Stop your rhetoric, you already started with on a bad note. Even foreigners from North America and Europe are beginning to see much of what's going on.

Sure, some of the complaints of Haitians is legitimate and ought to be resolved. But, the problem is that MOST of the compaints are stretched truths, pure lies based on destroying the Dominican identity and the Dominican nation.

Tell me, given that Dominicans are better at governance that Haitians are, why don't you propose ending the Haitian nation and uniting under the Dominican flag?

Oh no, never will that pass through anyones mind, it's always Dominicans joining Haitian, never Haitians joining Dominicans. It's always, Dominicans accepting the Haitian flag and never Haitians accepting the Dominican flag. It's always Dominicans accepting the rule of Port-au-Prince, never Haitians accepting the rule of Santo Domingo!

The destruction of the Dominican nation echoes like the sounds of water in a waterfall in most of the suppose cries for help that is clamouring out of Pro-Haitian anti-Dominican think tanks and NGOs.

Only a tiny fraction of them are actually going about this the RIGHT WAY, but most are nothing short of anti-Dominicans bent on destroying the Dominican Republic.

I don't know why this notion of union even comes up, these two countries already are among the largest in the Caribbean, practical islands in themselves with different cultures, etc.

Nobody stops anyone from visiting either side of the island, there is economic trade in both sides of the island, there is cooperation occuring on both sides of border.

Why keep advocating the destruction of the DR?

Advocate the destruction of Haiti to unite with the DR, oh I almost forgot, Haitians will never accept Dominican rule....

DO NOT TELL OTHERS TO DO SOMETHING YOU YOURSELF ARE NOT WILLING TO DO!

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Simbul said:
IT SEEMS THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT CARE IF DOMINICANS AT LARGE ACKNOWLEDGE ANY AFRICAN DESCENT ARE PEOPLE THAT AREN'T DOMINICANS. :lick:
Thank you Simbul from saying that!

In my opinion, Dominicans embrace all their cultural traits in their own way.

How can a Dominican be Dominican without embracing all the cultures since Dominican culture is a blend?

Again, Thank you from stating that fact!

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
He missed the target Ricardo...although i do agree with him about some things..but then he goes on a rant about a conspiracy theory "uniting the island"...

Funny thing, along with those haitians in each of those islands he mentioned there are dominicans there as well in search of a better life.

BTW, Jacques Chirac isn't the prime minister of France...and he didn't say such a thing...

The fact of the matter is there is a problem in Haiti which needs to be changed..but dominican government must also play its part..

1. Keeping rebels from setting a base in their territory to invade a sovereign nation.
2. Respect the rights of haitians living legally and treat the ones living illegally in a more humaine matter.
3. Stop hiring haitian braceros (will never happen)
4. Build a better relations with Haiti...
5. Stop selling guns to rebels

With that said indeed DR has done alot for haitian citizens..but I see it as unpaid revenue from all those haitian braceros who are abused and not paid for their services...thus, its a give and take situation...Without peasant haitian migrate workers DR economy would collapse..

Could we all get along...GEez..

Every month its a haitian n dominican feud...hugs n kisses...

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Lets see by 2morrow this thread will have over a million hits. And nothing will change or be resolved..

Each party will interpret their own opinions and gringos will get a kick out of two countries with different cultures and language stuck on the same island for the longest bicker..

of course race will be brought in the equation..and all hell will break loose...after another million hits dominicans will be dominicans and haitians will be haitians..

After all smoke clears the viewers will see how colonization have screwed the heads of the people of hispaniola...and life goes on...

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Quisqueya,

You might enjoy this link. Its an Adobe file based on the Haitian community in the French West Indies, principally focusing on Guadeloupe.

http://www.uwm.edu/Dept/CLACS/resources/pdf/brodwin91.pdf

BTW, there are no other people who are so unwanted in the Caribbean as Haitians are.

In most islands in the region, Haitians form the largest minorities and/or group of foreigners. Although there are many Dominicans across the Caribbean, anti-Dominican feelings pale in comparison to anti-Haitian feelings. With the DR and Haiti we have a bloody and suspicious past to deal with as well.

My entire point in my previous posts was that I don't hear criticisms about the problems Haitians face in other islands, but I do hear more than a fair share of criticisms about what happens in the DR.

Given the history of DR and Haiti, I would think that many of these pro-Haiti organizations would also criticize the rest of the Caribbean as well, not just the DR, but that is not happening and this is why Haitian domination of the DR is constantly alive in the back of the minds of Dominicans. We know what happens to Haitians in other islands, which in some cases is even worst than what happens to them here!

Look at Jamaica, deported every single Haitian it had after a Hurricane hit that country in the mid-1990s and no outrage cries erupted. If the DR would have done that, well you know...

That is what lies underneath all of this, the heavy criticism towards Dominicans and the almost lack of criticisms towards the rest of the region when in fact, Haitians face similar, if not worst circumstances in other places beyond the eastern two-thirds of Hispaniola.

Read the link I provide here, it will most likely interest you as a Haitian, it interested me to see similarities between Haitians living here and those in Guadaloupe, but only criticisms of DR and not much on Guadeloupe or elsewhere for that matter.

Last edited:

asopao

Aug 6, 2005
more anti-dominican thrash

Nals is right. How come this Observer Keen character doesn't attack the Bahamians? They deported 3,000 Haitians in just one year. Why he doesn't play the " racist" card with them? Bahamians are almost as Black as Haitians, they are " brothers" like he says of Dominicans. Now what he is going to call them? Oreo Cookies?

Dominican deport Haitians the same Bahamians, Jamaicans, etc deport Haitians. They are an illegal foreign nationality. Bahamians have done well with their tourism and banking industries. They don't want their standard of living to lower down. As a matter of fact, they feel sorry for the Dominicans for having to share an island with Haiti.

The " Haitian problem" is not just a " Dominican problem" is a " Pan-Caribbean problem". The thing is that DR is the only one under the microscope because is the one with the biggest bulk and having Haiti attached to it.

Last edited:

observer keen

Oct 4, 2005
Moral Inconsistency Is My Target Here!

there are in fact many american children in washington heights whose parents happen to be illegal dominican aliens. would it not be an injustice if the federal government unilaterally decided to exile these children along with their parents to the dominican republic? it would be a travestry of the american constitution to andanger the lives of american children by removing them from the land of their birth to ship them in their great-grand-fathers' land at a time of an ongoing civil war. if you would be enraged by such an injustice, why not extend the same sympathy to include the third-and-fourth-generation haitian-dominican children who are being exiled from the land of their birth under the pseudo-nationalistic pressure of a socio-economic dominant minority? does not the principle of moral invariance( kant's categorical imperative) demand that the same conclusions be made for the same situations? why is it injustice when one happens to be on the short end of the stick, but nationalism when the same one happens to be on the longer end of the same stick? isn't it self-evident that we are being morally inconsistent? aren't you demanding the right as illegal immigrants in the united states to obtain driver's licence? i am not ranting against my dominican brothers_ i am appalled by what i am observing, that is the hypocrisy, and the auto-destructive effects of self-alienation.
it is true that mixed-race individuals tend to lead an apparently existential dilemma; but the answer to this apparent dillema is to be found in the mathematical rules of inequality.
let's create the following categories: 2b,being full-blooded africans, (w+b) being mullatos, and finally 2w being full-blooded europeans.
there are three possible relationships among these three categories, but let's look at the traditional relationship between the first two categories, namely 2b and (w+b).

let's look at the traditional relationship of presumptuous superiority:

(w+b) > 2b, as we all know, the mathematical rules of inequality maintain that if the same component is added to or reduced from both sides of the inequality, the relationship is conserved.
in other words, [(w+b)-b] > 2b-b, which consequently leads to w>b.
but, the relationship must also be conserved if one w is added to the new equivalent form of the original inequality. in other words, (w+w) > (w+b), which is 2w > (w+b).
what does that have to do with the apparent existential dilemma of the mullato?
the answer is that, if he bases his supposed superiority over the full-blooded african on his partial whiteness, then he is consequentially validating his inferiority relative to the full-blooded european.
in conclusion, the only way that an individual of mixed heritage can attain the pinnacle of humanhood if and only if he equalized his components. without this collossal achievement, he remains an assymetrical being with an excessively enriched part of the self constrasted with a poor and neglected other part. that is what i have meant by a caricature of a man.
i am not advocating for the reunification of the island contrary to the irrational fears of certain respondents, but rather mutual understanding; and that can only happen after we succeed in shattering the myths that have overemphasized our differences at the expence of our commoness.

to mr rick toronto who has graciously called me an idiot, i would like you to ponder about the following question:
you are a dominican with a bone-marrow problem. you need a transplant, but it so happens that there are only two groups available, brazilians and spaniards. from who are you more likely to find a donor that matches your genetics? please, elaborate on your answer!

p.s: sending back illegal immigrants(the case of the bahamas) is not the same as the forceful removal of natives(haitian-dominicans) who are in fact more dominicans than the sons of fleeing nazis.
denial is a defense-mechanism, not a cure! passivity is the criminal nature of cowards!

Status
Not open for further replies.