1st Annual Childrens Benefit Auction

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
On Thursday the 24th of November we are going to have the first Annual Childrens Benefit Auction which will take place at Eddys Sports Bar in Sosua at 9pm. There is also going to be a Thanksgiving Dinner where 74 pesos from every meal will go to the cause with a limit on 100 dinners to be served from 2-8pm with the Auction to follow. See related thread about Thanksgiving dinner.

We will Auction off goods and services that are Donated by people and businesses in the Dominican Republic to Benefit Children in Need on the North Coast. If you have questions or suggestions about where the money should go please Contact Robert@dr1.com If you have donations or suggestions please contact me either by PM here or email at Jazzcom@yahoo.com

I am going to post items donated and confirmed for the auction in this thread starting Tomorrow as I get the descriptions and list them here.

Please contribute and please get involved.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Great idea

Nice job Jazz, now I barely believe most of the stuff I've heard about you.

Your email came back with permanent errors.

Whatever you think/want that's appropriate off my
site
is yours.

Doesn't make any sense to mat/frame here, but I'll do
the printing (8x10/5x7), and mail them to a Miami PO. The rest is
up to you - per matting/framing.

Certainly not offended if this isn't the avenue you're
interested in, but I thought I'd at least offer.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Cleef said:
Nice job Jazz, now I barely believe most of the stuff I've heard about you.

Your email came back with permanent errors.

Whatever you think/want that's appropriate off my
site
is yours.

Doesn't make any sense to mat/frame here, but I'll do
the printing (8x10/5x7), and mail them to a Miami PO. The rest is
up to you - per matting/framing.

Certainly not offended if this isn't the avenue you're
interested in, but I thought I'd at least offer.
Sorry, can't even remember my own email I have had for 10 years. I will check out your website and get back to you however I don't have a pobox in Miami so if anyone else does please pipe in.

Email me at Jazzpaging@yahoo.com

Thank Cleef even though your football team aint doing so well:)

luzcace

Aug 19, 2004
www.luzcace.info
donations

Hi Scott, I think this is great , doing something for theses kids, I already sent a message to Carina, Luzcace is on and either you or Carina can pick up a donation anytime you are in Puerto Plata. I am sure all these DR1 people will support you and the auction.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
PocoLoco Designs (Carina)
Website design, incl. hosting and name for 1 year (the name ). Thats a value of appr. 8000 pesos, 10 US for the name, and hosting 100 US for a year. Total. 11.000 pesos.
Pics and stuff they will do themelves, after 1 year they pay their hosting and name themselves,layout will be theirs.

Europa Hotel (Sosua)
2 persons-3 nights stay (except holidays) value @38$per 114- US Dollars

Freestyle Catamarans
2 persons value $144- US 2 seats on a fullday with Freestyle Catamarans, the largest company on the island for waterbased fun.
The full day incl. a day on the catamaran, lunch, all drinks, snorkeling in Sosua Bay.

Lorilar Ranch, the largest ranch on the north coast, will give away 2 fullday horsebackriding tours.Incl. lunch and todo.
Value appr. 120 US

Sams Bar (Puerto Plata)
2 persons value $$$ Depends how hungry you are

Luzcace Jewelery
Value varies One of a kind handmade Jewelery

DR1
2 x DR1 Directory Pages (12 months) Sorry the more info didn't copy into a link so click below.
Value - US$600

Thank you folks, please keep the donations for the auction flowing. We need all the help we can get.

Escott

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Add this to your list of donations.

2 x DR1 Directory Pages (12 months). More Info

Value - US$600

Plus I'm sure we can dig up a few t-shirts etc :)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Donation

Hi there, Martin Espinall of Isaira Tours has just donated 2 tickets for:

Cibao Valley Tour:
Travel through the beautiful Dominican Alps to Santiago de los Caballeros the second largest city in the Dominican Republic located in the Cibao Valley , the most fertile valley in the Caribbean. There you will visit a cigar factory and the famous Monument of Santiago. Then we came back along the tourist highway where we will cross the mountain range, and you can take pictures of beautiful landscapes and visit the Jimenoa waterfalls on jeep .Jeep trip and lunch included

Value $90 US
http://www.isairatours.com

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Escott of Escott Famous North Coast Tours has donated...

One full day tour for up to 3 people that starts in the morning in Sosua and stops at Escotts Botanical Finca in Cabarete and then goes East ending up just before Nagua at La Entrada (Just one of the places in the DR where Columbus first set foot on the Island LOL) You will see secluded beaches that most people who visit will never get to see, along with some interesting real estate hidden away in the hills on the cliffs. A super yet typical Dominican Seafood lunch that is just fabulous (Just ask anyone who has made this pilgrimage with me) is included on the return along with Presidente Beer.

This trip is valued at 10 million US dollars. Please pay a lot for this tour as the Needy Children can certainly use your help!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Multicolor hand painted 3' x 6' Bali silkscreen tapestrie Hindu Goddess of the sun--- Surya,

This Item has been donated by NyerinDR and it is beautiful as I have it in my possession.

Value 100- US dollars and less dangerous and cheaper than going to Bali to get one@!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Is it possible for those of us that can not be in Sosua for the auction to participate on-line?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
rellosk said:
Is it possible for those of us that can not be in Sosua for the auction to participate on-line?

I'm working on it and will have something next week.
I'm thinking of adding the items to eBay and the direct links on a special page here on DR1.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Robert said:
I'm working on it and will have something next week.
I'm thinking of adding the items to eBay and the direct links on a special page here on DR1.
Sounds great!

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
Hi Scott..... I will be adding to your list soon ..... already got some vouchers for dinner and some bottles of wine will have a lot more to add to your list of donations. I am looking forward to being their for the auction.

Chester4

Last edited by a moderator:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Chester4 said:
Hi Scott..... I will be adding to your list soon ..... already got some vouchers for dinner and some bottles of wine will have a lot more to add to your list of donations. I am looking forward to being their for the auction.

Chester4
Thanks! Not only is this for a good cause but this is going to be a lot of fun for all of us!

Escott

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Here we go folks, Scott asked for some assistance in putting up new items as we get them in.

carina_banner.jpg

1st Annual US Thanksgiving Day Auction for the Benefit of Children

Eddys Sports Bar Sosua November 24th at 9pm

PocoLoco WebDesign (Carina)
Website design, incl. hosting and name for 1 year (the name ). Thats a value of appr. 8000 pesos, 10 US for the name, and hosting 100 US for a year. Total. 11.000 pesos.
After 1 year they pay their hosting and name themselves, layout will be theirs.
Value: RD$11,000
www.pocolocowebdesign.com

Europa Hotel (Sosua)
2 persons-3 nights stay (except holidays).
Value: US$114
www.hotelplazaeuropa.com/english/hotel.html

Freestyle Catamarans
2 persons on a full day with Freestyle Catamarans, the largest company on the island for waterbased fun. The full day incl. a day on the catamaran, lunch, all drinks, snorkeling in Sosua Bay.
A fun day in the sun!
Value: US$144
www.caribbeanoceanadventures.com

Lorilar Ranch
The largest ranch on the north coast, will give away 2 full day horseback riding tours. Incl. lunch and everything.
An adventure where you will experience the best of the Dominican Republic, crossing streams, sugar cane plantations, small villages and rivers.
Value: US$120
www.puertoplatahorsebackriding.tk

Sams Bar (Puerto Plata)
2 people for dinner. Value depends how hungry you are.
Great American menu at the oldest bar & hotel, still operating in Puerto Plata. Sams has been here since 1894!
Value: $$$$
www.samsbar.20m.com

Luzcace Jewelery
One of a kind handmade Jewelry, unique designs by Amparo.
Perfect gift!
Value: RD$500

DR1
2 x DR1 Directory Pages (12 months) More info here
Value: US$600
Http://www.dr1.com

Iguana Mama (Cabarete)
2 1/2 day downhill mountain bike adventures.
Value $120US
www.iguanamama.com

Escott of Escott Famous North Coast Tours has donated...
One full day tour for up to 3 people that starts in the morning in Sosua and stops at Escotts Botanical Finca in Cabarete and then goes East ending up just before Nagua at La Entrada (Just one of the places in the DR where Columbus first set foot on the Island LOL) You will see secluded beaches that most people who visit will never get to see, along with some interesting real estate hidden away in the hills on the cliffs. A super yet typical Dominican Seafood lunch that is just fabulous (Just ask anyone who has made this pilgrimage with me) is included on the return along with Presidente Beer.

This trip is valued at 10 million US dollars. Please pay a lot for this tour as the Needy Children can certainly use your help!
http://www.dominicancondos.com

Isaira Tours
2 tickets for a Cibao Valley Tour.
Travel through the beautiful Dominican Alps to Santiago de los Caballeros the second largest city in the Dominican Republic located in the Cibao Valley , the most fertile valley in the Caribbean. There you will visit a cigar factory and the famous Monument of Santiago. Then we came back along the tourist highway where we will cross the mountain range, and you can take pictures of beautiful landscapes and visit the Jimenoa waterfalls on jeep. Jeep trip and lunch included.
Value: US$90
http://www.isairatours.com

NYerinDR
Has donated a multicolor hand painted 3' x 6' Bali silkscreen tapestrie Hindu Goddess of the sun--- Surya. Less dangerous and cheaper than going to Bali to get one@!
Value: US$100

Prestige Car Rentals
Prestige will donate a 2 day Luxury SUV (or client’s option) rental.
Value: US$261
Offices:
Puerto Plata: Viva Wyndham Playa Dorada
Cabarete: Viva Wyndham Tangerine
La Romana: Casa de Campo, or we have an office in the city as well.
Bayahibe: Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach / Palace
http://www.prestigecarrentals.com

Ocean World
Stefan donates a great day for 2 at Ocean World including 1 x 2 Admission tickets, 1 x 2 Dolphin Encounters, and 1 x 2 Sea Lion Encounters. This includes roundtrip bustransfers from any hotel OceanWorld works with, lunch buffet (excl.drinks ), snorkeling at the Tropical Reef Aquarium incl. equipment, swimming in Tiger Grotto, usage of Dolphin Beach incl. beach chair, Rainforest and Bird exhibits, Sea Lion Show, Dolphin encounter show. What a day!
Value: US$155 each, total US$310
www.oceanworld.net

Tim Hall, the Canadian Honorary Consul donates 2 restaurant visits:

Cafe Colonial
The newly opened Cafe Colonial, on Calle Beller in Puerto Plata, donates a voucher of a value of RD$500. Café Colonial provides a relaxing, informal setting within an impeccably restored historical residence where gardens, verandahs and high ceilings invoke the romance and feeling of old Havana.
http://www.popreport.com/cafecolonial/index.html

Cafe Cito
Right across Playa Dorada, donates a voucher of a value of RD$500.
Cafe Cito has been has been rated among the two top spots for a night out in Puerto Plata by The Lonely Planet Guide and the Rough Guide.
http://www.popreport.com/Cafe_Cito_Web_Page.htm

Our friend Jackquontee donates
1 bottle of very exclusive wine, and a box of the finest Cuban cigars.
Value:RD$3000

Amy from Body Care Products with a gift basket of decadent caribbean style body care products, lotions, body butter and exfoliating gel.
Value: approx US$50

Thank you folks, please keep the donations for the auction flowing. We need all the help we can get.

Not only is this going to turn out to be a great event but it will be a lot of fun for eveyone involved.

Email me for donated items jazzpaging@yahoo.com
Email Robert for suggestions on where to donate robert@dr1.com

Last edited by a moderator: