Football in Santo Domnigo

Deacon

Sep 21, 2005
Im Looking Forward to move to the Dominican Republic and I got a little concerned about one of my great loves: Football. (American Football)
I played in the european league and the mexican arena league, but moving there Im kinda sure I have to leave behind this great sport. maybe I can learn baseball.
Is there any football teams there? Or will I have to organize the first one?:)

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
I never saw any

Deacon said:
Im Looking Forward to move to the Dominican Republic and I got a little concerned about one of my great loves: Football. (American Football) I played in the european league and the mexican arena league, but moving there Im kinda sure I have to leave behind this great sport. maybe I can learn baseball. Is there any football teams there? Or will I have to organize the first one?:)
I saw footballs in La Sirena, but never on a playground or the beach or....anywhere.

I did bring a football once to school and was alarmed to learn NO ONE knew how to throw one.

You'd figure with all that end zone dancing the Dominicans would be all over the sport.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Cleef said:
I saw footballs in La Sirena, but never on a playground or the beach or....anywhere.

I did bring a football once to school and was alarmed to learn NO ONE knew how to throw one.

You'd figure with all that end zone dancing the Dominicans would be all over the sport.
Too physical a game for Dominicans...

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
Not just that....

HOWMAR said:
Too physical a game for Dominicans...

I don't think just the physicality of the game is what turns off people, it's more the climate. Just take a look at the season in the US. This game requieres a lot of exertion whiling wearing several pounds of gear and padding. Just imagine if you played the game during the summer months. Yeah, stick to baseball which you can't exert yourself too much with or take up frisbee at the beach. ;)