Apology to Miguel. Done with DR1

Status
Not open for further replies.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Another baseball thread closed ("Viva Baseball"), no matter whether there were plenty of DR-related posts to it.

I know Miguel is a Yankees fan, and my Yankee comment was specifically directed to Miguel, in his thread. Others chimed in, I rebutted. The thread was closed. I apologize to Miguel for my part in it. It was a great informative thread and a definite discussion piece.

However, I am pretty fed up with Robert's inflexibility to baseball. If he doesn't like baseball, that's well and good. But to continually impose it on a site that supposed to provide information on the Dominican culture and experience, shows an unwillingness to accept a significant part of the Dominican culture. It's pretty telling.

I understand that the Yankees/Red Sox banter can get to be too much. However, I am pretty convinced that he uses it as a reason to shut down baseball threads. There was PLENTY of DR-related discussion within Miguel's thread, and even within the banter. If the thread were continued, maybe Robert would find out WHY baseball and not football or cricket is so prevalent in the DR, Puerto Rico, and Cuba. They explained it in the documentary.

Where is the leeway provided many other subjects on DR1? Esp. in the General "Open" forum where there are NO guidelines OR rules. He was just looking for a reason. Of course, he found one.

Look at the Sankie threads, now forum. Yeah, they are funny, but how demeaning? The casual observer to this site would easily generalize about Dominican people, and they do. Funny how some can be when choosing to be discriminant.

I again apologize for contributing to closing Miguel's thread. It was a great thread. Just shows how much Robert wants to understand the passion that people have for this particular part of Dominican life. Many male Dominicans have dreamt of or are dreaming about getting off the island by this means of employment. It's all around the island. You can't deny it. But the dream can't be discussed here when it's realized by them. Nor can it be appreciated on an open forum on DR1.

In a response to a question from the past of why Latin players are such free-swingers, one responded "You don't get off the island by walking...."

I'm done with this site.

Thanks Migs for the DVD.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
toneloc24 said:
However, I am pretty fed up with Robert's inflexibility to baseball.
If he doesn't like baseball, that's well and good. But to continually impose it on a site that supposed to provide information on the Dominican culture and experience, shows an unwillingness to accept a significant part of the Dominican culture. It's pretty telling.

Me excepting or not excepting is not the issue here.
The issue is some peoples unwillingness to stop the childish behavior.

toneloc24 said:
Where is the leeway provided many other subjects on DR1? Esp. in the General "Open" forum where there are NO guidelines OR rules. He was just looking for a reason. Of course, he found one.

Yes, and you gave me a reason.
So I guess the problem lies with you, not me.

toneloc24 said:
I again apologize for contributing to closing Miguel's thread. It was a great thread. Just shows how much Robert wants to understand the passion that people have for this particular part of Dominican life. Many male Dominicans have dreamt of or are dreaming about getting off the island by this means of employment. It's all around the island. You can't deny it. But the dream can't be discussed here when it's realized by them. Nor can it be appreciated on an open forum on DR1.

I have a passion for many areas of Dominican life, that's why I have spent the best part 8 years of my own life promoting the Dominican Republic.

Just to make you feel better... Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.