Gas Shortage

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Anybody experiencing a gas shortage? In the Cibao, between La Vega and Mao Valverde (excluding Santiago 'cause I did not look).. most all gas stations seem to be out of gas or diesel or both. I saw a fellow with a seriously large press type camera photographing gas stations this morning.. obviously trying to catch the 'essense of the lonely and bored' attendants sitting around showing all the wagging finger.. no hay! What is happening elsewhere?

Coastal

Jul 14, 2003
No shortage, it's a strike.

All ANADEGAS (gasoline union) associated gas stations are going on strike and will not resupply with fuel. Gas stations owned by the gas companies and gas stations not associated with ANADEGAS will be operating as usual (though probably with waiting lines).

Greg

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Thanks Gregg, it sure could be a successful strike - we almost did not make it to our destination this morning...

Just for us 'unaware' ones... which are ANADEGAS stations? Is it like shell or texaco, or is this an individual thing? Could one shell station for example belong to Anadegas and another not?

Coastal

Jul 14, 2003
Strike is over.

I've just read in the morning news that after meeting yesterday, Anadegas and the Digenor have reached a peliminary agreement and therefore striking gas stations will begin to sell fuel again as of today. Should be back to normal as soon as supply catches up...

Greg