Soccer World Cup Qualifying games TV?

mamey

Oct 6, 2005
Hi,

I am here working in Santo Domingo and I would like to know where I can watch the futbol games this saturday. I am not sure if they'll be pay per view or on regular tv. I would like to see especially the Colombia vs Chile game.

Also are there any colombian restaurant/bars in Santo Domingo? Where?

thanks

georgios

Oct 2, 2004
Soccer games

Most of the games are on:

www.setanta.com

visit this website for venue locations near you.
This is a closed circuit TV for mostly European games.

Georgios.

mamey

Oct 6, 2005
Thanks but no info available

C'mon there have to be some soccer fans out there. Thanks for any info

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Try the sports bar (champions) in the Jaragua Hotel.
Other than that, you will not find any of Englands two games shown in Santo Domingo. The other option is regular cable TV, but I had a look around and couldn't see it listed on any schedules.

Plan B is to take a trip to Eddy's in Sosua :)

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Robert said:
Try the sports bar (champions) in the Jaragua Hotel.
Other than that, you will not find any of Englands two games shown in Santo Domingo. The other option is regular cable TV, but I had a look around and couldn't see it listed on any schedules.

Plan B is to take a trip to Eddy's in Sosua :)
This is the best I can do unless a few last minute additions. As for South America, I get get the games involving Venezuela.

http://www.eddysportsbar.com/fixtures.htm

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
i watched england vs. austria on the local cable.
completely wasted 90 minutes of my life, dismal performance.
then, after watching belgium vs. spain and czech rep vs. holland, we find out england actually qualified because holland won.

they've even shown tunisia vs. morocco.

i would say santo domingo gets more football on the telly than most other places in the world.....even if dominicans do know sod all about it.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
bochinche said:
i watched england vs. austria on the local cable.
completely wasted 90 minutes of my life, dismal performance.
then, after watching belgium vs. spain and czech rep vs. holland, we find out england actually qualified because holland won.

they've even shown tunisia vs. morocco.

i would say santo domingo gets more football on the telly than most other places in the world.....even if dominicans do know sod all about it.
How do you know it was on cable? It was on PPV and cable are not supposed to have it. Then again who really cares about the laws here. Just outta curiosity, were there a lot of people at the bar where you watched the game?

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
Eddy said:
How do you know it was on cable? It was on PPV and cable are not supposed to have it. Then again who really cares about the laws here. Just outta curiosity, were there a lot of people at the bar where you watched the game?

i was watching them on cable with a few brahmas and two friends on espn (except the african match which was on tv5) at home.

did the same thing watching the formula 1 (minus the friends).

Roberto284

Jul 2, 2004
Also you can watch the italian ^Calcio^ on RAI cause espn has stopped putting them on ... the main focus now is the spanish league.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
bochinche said:
i was watching them on cable with a few brahmas and two friends on espn (except the african match which was on tv5) at home.

did the same thing watching the formula 1 (minus the friends).
I was just curious about the number of English in the Capital that were watching the game. Here in Sosua "Mucho" but mostly tourists. Have a nice rainny day. (At least we are) LOL