Sports Question

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
I was wondering, do Dominicans in DR play Lacrosse? Are there Lacrosse clubs in DR?

Peace,
Capo

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
Hey..Capo..just to inform you that there is no lacroose based in the island yet..myself and some other friends are in the process to spread and introduce alternatives sports which other wise are not traditional in D.R. lacrosse is definately on the list..right now we have X-games skateboarding and flag-football for boys and girls and adult males, both in the capital and P.P. so far the support and the movements have been slow, but we are making progress..if you have lacrosse knowlegde let us know how we can support you in any way...take care

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No lacrosse in the DR

As a Native American sport, lacrosse has absolutely no following here. Even in the US where there is now a miniscule professional league, the sport is insignificant--except to those that play it!

It requires a huge investment in equipment, land and facilities. Plus huge insurance. And they already have baseball and basketball...:p:p

While I would like to wish you good luck in pursueing the dissemination of such an active game, I would not like to see any lessening of support for the many other Olympic sports that need all the help they can get.

ME? Judo and Tae Kwon Do, the two Olympic martial arts...

Soon to open in Santiago: the Colegio de Artes Marciales Olimpicos--CAMO!:p

HB :D