Financial Services in the DR

Marketgirl

Oct 6, 2005
Hi

I am fortunate to be visiting the DR April 2006 as part of a Group Study Exchange with Rotary International. I am a marketing manager for a small financial institution in rural Australia and hope (during my month long visit), to observe business practices in the DR as well as discuss marketing strategy, advertising, customer service and staff training with relevant businesses.

Although I am yet to receive an itinerary, I understand that we travel fairly extensively around your beautiful country during the month and would hazzard a guess that most of the major towns/centres would be visited.

Over the past couple of weeks I have spent hours reading your discussion threads and blogs regarding everyday life and issues affecting those in the DR and would really appreciate some feedback regarding what your thoughts are about the banks and finance providers in the DR.

In general, what your likes and dislikes are; which institutions provide good customer service; what you think is good customer service; which institutions provide good conditions for staff; best interest rates etc....

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.