Internet/Phone Service in Sosua

Vibe_2020

Jul 1, 2003
Hello,

I'm looking in Internet and Phone Service in Sosua for my apartment.

Does anyone have any recommendations (company name/number)?

Does anyone have an estimate for the charge for monthly service?

Thanks is advance.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
For Sosua, the answer is easy: Verizon. Price will depend on what plan you decide on. There are many plans available, with differences in number of minutes of free local calls, amount of time on internet, etc.

Also, they have frequent specials for new customers. If you get one of those, your cost will be less than the regular cost of that plan.

You have to be here to arrange for service.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Figure on an average of 2,500 RD/month for the phone line, flash internet and taxes.
Long distance calls would be extra.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Rocky said:
Figure on an average of 2,500 RD/month for the phone line, flash internet and taxes.
Long distance calls would be extra.

That is if you have the VIP plan that gives you unlimited local calls and some other services. Because we don't make many local calls, especially now that so many people have cell phones, and because we don't use the other services, we just changed our plan to a less expensive one. The cost of this plan is RD$1,721.60/month, plus taxes. It gives me unlimited internet flash time and 500 minutes of local calls, which is more than enough for us.

This plan we changed to was for existing customers with flash. Even better deals were being offered for people upgrading to flash or starting phone service. Scott, for example, got a much better deal as a new customer.

Last edited:

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Ken
Did you have to go to Puerto Plata to make the change, or was it possible to do that at the Playero ?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Tor, it was done by telephone to Verizon. The administrator of the condo made call, so not sure which office she talked to. Don't think it was a call to Puerto Plata, since there had been some discussion with that office previously. I'm almost certain the call was made to the department that handles flash. If you call there, and it isn't the right place, they will tell you who to call.

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
I forgot that I pay a bit extra for caller ID and call waiting, which would explain the difference in price. Maybe 2,000 RD taxes included would be a more accurate estimate.

ooooppss!
Just posted from Alan's condo under his name. Sorry Alan.
Rocky.

Last edited: