Father-in-Law lost U.S residency cards

Jozee74

Sep 3, 2004
For both him and his wife, do they have to come back to the U.S. to get new ones or can they go to the Consulate in the D.R.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Jozee74 said:
For both him and his wife, do they have to come back to the U.S. to get new ones or can they go to the Consulate in the D.R.
My guess is that they can not get back in the US without the cards and they will have to get replacement cards in the DR.

Hopefully, they have not been in the DR for an extended period. It is my understanding that in order to keep US residency status, you must well... maintain residency in the US.

Jozee74

Sep 3, 2004
rellosk said:
My guess is that they can not get back in the US without the cards and they will have to get replacement cards in the DR.

Hopefully, they have not been in the DR for an extended period. It is my understanding that in order to keep US residency status, you must well... maintain residency in the US.

They actually lost it on their way back to the D.R. they were here (U.S)for 4 months. I think on top of that they have Visas. I was told that they cannot get their green cards in the D.R.