Blackboards

DogsRule

Apr 14, 2004
Does anyone know where I can get those large classroom-sized blackboards? I need to buy 3 of them. I also need a low table for small children that would seat 3 children on each of the four sides. Any idea where I could obtain something like that?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Pizarra is blackboard in Spanish. I've seen a place that makes and sells them in the Colonial Zone in Santo Domingo, on Las Mercedes, roughly opposite the church.

yasmin

Jun 16, 2005
for the small tables you can go to a local furniture maker, if you draw how you would like to have them, they can make it for you.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
If you want to purchase the blackboards directly, check either Librer?a Rodali or Librer?a Ripoll. Rodali is between Doce de Julio and JF Kennedy near the photography studio of Ted Jim?nez. Ripoll is on Doce de Julio about a block before the post office.

Or, if you were going to Santiago, check out a store called Educa. They sell desks, chairs and all sorts of school supplies - mostly to private schools. I have the telephone number at my office, so if you are interested and speak Spanish PM me and I will get it for you.

Last edited:

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Chirimoya said:
Pizarra is blackboard in Spanish. I've seen a place that makes and sells them in the Colonial Zone in Santo Domingo, on Las Mercedes, roughly opposite the church.
This place is right across the street from house #358 with " vendo esta propiedad" and phone #'s spray painted in red.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
2dlight said:
This place is right across the street from house #358 with " vendo esta propiedad" and phone #'s spray painted in red.
Can we have a photo too, please?;)

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Chirimoya said:
Can we have a photo too, please?;)
Funny you should ask, that's exactly why I know. I photographed that house with my back to the blackboard...place.;)