Best Chicken Wings near Cabarete/Sosua??

megamania

Sep 10, 2005
Hi there.
Hope I am doing this right Robert.
Thanks for your advice, as I am fairly new to this forum.

I am asking for anyones opinion on where to find the best chicken wings while I am vacationing in D.R. Or,,better yet, are there ANY good chicken wing places.
Nothing better than a couple of beers and some nice "hot" wings.

Thanks in advance to all who may have some input.

Meg

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I came here to live from Buffalo, NY, home of the chicken wing. Trust me, on the North Coast, there is NO place that makes them like the original.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Jose' O'Shay's in Cabarete attempts Buffalo style wings but not quite as good as Anchor Bar in Buffalo!

eiregi

Jan 1, 2005
When most of the USA serves ranch dressing instead of bleu cheese for dipping, I think the rest of world hasn't caught on... I'm from Buffalo.... give me anchor, duff's, colter bay and la nova any day... perhaps this could become the frranchise thread currently running in the business forum with all the expats on the north coast..

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I love buffalo wings and in every single place I have tried them in the DR, I ask. . . . . .are these things REALLY buffalo style? They always say yes. Heck in Pate De Palo they were like fried wings with ketchup. . . . .yuk.

Unfortunately the best "buffalo" wings I have had in the entire country. . . . .is at TGI FRidays in santo domingo. That is pretty sad.

Even a Hooters would be better. Right on the Malecon in between the Jaragua and La Ceniza is the place for a Wings place. Great location, view of the sea. . . . .until they build an Island out there. . . . .

Maybe a hooters in Malecon center? Tony Roma's has wings but they are "OK", better than 99% of the places in the DR but not great.

Chapions in the Jaragua has hot wings but they are more "Texas style". Fried wings with sauce on the side.

I used to bring down jars of Frank's hot sauce and make wings in my apartmen t when I lived in SDQ. I may just have to do that again. . . .

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Have not had them in awhile - but Hemingways in Playa Dorada used to have great wings. Comparable to the BW3 (Buffalo Wild Wings) I used to work at in college.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
TimInDR said:
I looked into the Hooter's franchising because of this wings thing... they want you to start up 3 at a time. Ideas for two other locations?

Forget the franchise. . . ."rip em off like a dominican company would". . . ..Eagles is a Hooters wannabe and they used to have "Booties" with a logo similar to Hooters... . .

Seriously if you have good wings, philly cheese steaks, american style bar food and hot waitresses in a great location you can call it anything you want. . . .

I vote for "Gringo's Bar and Grill".. . . .

BTW isn't there a Hard Rock Cafe opening in the Colonial zone this fall? Their wings are "ok" as well. . . .

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
A.J. said:
Have not had them in awhile - but Hemingways in Playa Dorada used to have great wings. Comparable to the BW3 (Buffalo Wild Wings) I used to work at in college.

The wings at Hemingways, in my opinion, are just fried wings and nowhere near Buffalo style.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Cafe Cito my friends ...

You will find all the yummy wings you need at Cafe Cito. The extra spicy hot ones leave me speechless for 30 minutes after I've eaten them and Nicky always asks me why I do it to myself but the answer is that they taste so damned good.

Cafe Cito is opposite Playa Dorada.

They were also doing chips with gravy recently - is it called "poteen"? - anyhow well worth a side order!

Jim or Dana Murphy

Jan 26, 2008
Go Bills!

It seems there may be quite a few folks from Buffalo on the North Coast. We'll be there by November, . maybe we should get together for Wings and a Bills game. I'll be in Cabarete, . .
Is there a Buffalo Club around? or what about a get together for Chicago Hot Dogs???

S

sokitoumi

you will have to bring your own hotdogs if you are expecting anything with any taste in it....

Reactions: Lapurr

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
wings

go tothe ny shark bar.....in sosua on pedro clisante,,,,he has good ny wings and he makes his own BLUE cheese from scratch,,,the best i ever had,

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
You are all responding in a 3 year old thread. But many of those names are still around, so I guess it is OK to pick up where everyone left of .. :laugh::laugh:

kraash29

Jun 3, 2008
ref best chicken wings in sosua

hi,
one of the best places to go is the Irish Bar in sosua. and if you go on a Monday you get a very generous portion for 100 RDS, we had the hot version, they were very good.
Enjoy!

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Pedro McMurphy's

hi,
one of the best places to go is the Irish Bar in sosua. and if you go on a Monday you get a very generous portion for 100 RDS, we had the hot version, they were very good.
Enjoy!

Pedro McMurphy's in Sosua....

I agree, I really like my wings mild there, however, the hottest thing in Pedro's without a doubt is the bar maid - Rosie!! She is simply the best!

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
UB alumni

It seems there may be quite a few folks from Buffalo on the North Coast. We'll be there by November, . maybe we should get together for Wings and a Bills game. I'll be in Cabarete, . .
Is there a Buffalo Club around? or what about a get together for Chicago Hot Dogs???

Well when you hit the north coast , and need something in Santiago...Holler at me Ill invite you to one of my BBQ, and let you taste my adaptation of Duffs bar and Lounge my favorite buffalo wings...
Albin